• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*{OFFICIAL}* Droid 4 ICS discussion thread

Im on the phone right now..absolutely flawless so far..it came installed with ICS.. runs perfect..I'm very pleased with it. Everything is working great. I agree people should try a hard reset.

Glad to hear it. I'm not sure I've encountered any problems yet. But I'm wondering if I should preemptively reset the thing.

Did you find the loss of settings to be annoying? If so, what was the biggest hassle.

Upvote 0
Texting is oddball for me as well.

1. When I enter a recipient, once in a while it drops in the phone number, NOT the name. If I delete it, it and try again, it drops in the name.
  2. ONCE I ENTER IN THE NAME, I want a quick way to start typing in the message field. None of these buttons work with a single keystroke:
    • Down Arrow
    • OK
    • Return
    • Screaming at it with harsh language
Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Now the phone is almost worthless to the point that it will shortly go into the toilet[...]
Trust me, I understand the venting hyperbole. However just as a semi-calming suggestion: if you get absolutely NOwhere with Motorola with this bull@#$%, and are totally without hope other than small claims court, BEFORE you envoke the toilet clause consider rooting the phone down to the real honest and goodness thing.

Again, this is only after absolutely everything is already exhausted as a solution and you're about to trebuchet the thing into the local swamp anyway.

Upvote 0
This is pretty much why I rooted my Droid X it was destroyed once gingerbread took over.. We shouldn't be forced to have to root lol.. All in all the phone runs pretty solid for me but does have poor battery life.. Especially when shooting a lot of video and pictures.. Since I have done a good wipe through the recovery.. And then a factory reset it seems to be running good..

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones