• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be here. Beats does NOTHING for me. I don't use my phone for music so it would be a waste for me.

I'm hoping the SGN has good audio for music. I have a pair of ear buds in my head a lot, for working out, walking the dogs, even at work a lot of the time.

The Rezound does have a nice screen...nicer than the Nexus ? No way, 720p Amoled any day over 720 Super LCD.

That remains to be seen. Nexus will have Pentile, while the HTC device doesn't. The reviews so far say that the HTC's display is breathtaking, and that you can't find pixelation even if you try.

I'm sure the Nexus won't have any problems at that high a resolution, but it remains to be seen. Pics of it comparing it to other phones, in my opinion, are worthless because of the artifact from the camera taking the picture, and I assume there are limitations imposed by my laptop's monitor as well.

I'll have to judge it with my eyeballs, in person.

Upvote 0
The real question is if the Rezound shipped with ICS would we even be here. ICS is the real star. Being that the rezound has a nice screen (nicer than the Nexus?) and comes with something cool (beats) it would seem to be just as good as the nexus. Except for ICS and unlocked bootloader.

Beats is nothing more than an over hyped software gimmick. Similar results can be accomplished with an EQ.

The problem I have with most phones that have been released by Motorola and HTC is that they posses no personality. SGN may not be the hardware beast but it has something that all the latest phones don't, and its "Personality"

Reactions: Highwayman
Upvote 0
As I am upgrading from a feature phone in the near future, I was wondering if this was a good idea or not:
I'd like to go to a Verizon store and check out both the Rezound and RAZR. I'll buy one of them and sign up for a data plan at the same time. I know there's a deal going around to get double data when you purchase a 4G LTE phone, and would like to take advantage of that (knowing Verizon, I feel like they might pull something like getting rid of that deal the day before the GNex comes out). Now, since the exchange period, starting today, is extended to the 9th of January, I figure I can wait for the GNex to come out, and then exchange the Rezound or RAZR for that when the time comes.
I'll get to keep that double data plan, right?

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm
Just got confirmation: This Thread's Reunion will be at the Han Solo residence and it WILL be catered!! Date TBA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlues
Awesome! Thanks HAN!!!

Riiiigghtt. I'll PM everyone the address later. Just don't be alarmed that it's an abandoned warehouse on Chicago's south side. We like to live rough.

Address: 2639 South Cottage Grove Ave. Bring weapons and body armor.

Upvote 0
As I am upgrading from a feature phone in the near future, I was wondering if this was a good idea or not:
I'd like to go to a Verizon store and check out both the Rezound and RAZR. I'll buy one of them and sign up for a data plan at the same time. I know there's a deal going around to get double data when you purchase a 4G LTE phone, and would like to take advantage of that (knowing Verizon, I feel like they might pull something like getting rid of that deal the day before the GNex comes out). Now, since the exchange period, starting today, is extended to the 9th of January, I figure I can wait for the GNex to come out, and then exchange the Rezound or RAZR for that when the time comes.

Think of the scenario where Verizon would screw you over the most. That's probably how it will work.

Upvote 0

Correct.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I'm going to take a look at the HTC device today after work, and the red buttons are strangely appealing.

But I really go for the black & red motif anyway.

Just wait until we see what ROM developers do with those on-screen buttons. I bet within a few weeks we'll be able to customize them with different icons and different colors. :D

Upvote 0
I'm hoping the SGN has good audio for music. I have a pair of ear buds in my head a lot, for working out, walking the dogs, even at work a lot of the time.

That remains to be seen. Nexus will have Pentile, while the HTC device doesn't. The review so far say that the HTC's display is breathtaking, and that you can't find pixelation even if you try.

I'm sure the Nexus won't have any problems at that high a resolution, but it remains to be seen. Pics of it comparing it to other phones, in my opinion, are worthless because of the artifact from the camera taking the picture, and I assume there are limitations imposed by my laptop's monitor as well.

I'll have to judge it with my eyeballs, in person.

I just prefer Amoled (pixels) or not over LCD, I owned the Rezound for 5 days and while I must admit the screen has a great resolution, it's colors are less saturated than the Thunderbolt. Resolution is great, I would take a color tv over a super high res black & white any day. (best analogy I could come up with) :D

Upvote 0

Right.

Upvote 0
When you put the Rezound next to the RAZR... you can clearly see much better resolution on the Rezound. But the colors/vibrance really pop on the RAZR (amoled). Also, the viewing angles of the amoled are WAY better.

put those two screens in bed and they'll have an amazing child.....the 720p SuperAMOLED HD screen on the GNexus<3

Reactions: SamMax
Upvote 0
Just wait until we see what ROM developers do with those on-screen buttons. I bet within a few weeks we'll be able to customize them with different icons and different colors. :D

Im anxious to see when someone builds a rom giving you the option to hide them entirely to utilize the whole screen and bring them up with an 'up-swipe' from the bottom edge of the display... but lets just take one pipe dream at a time...
Nov release
Nov release
Nov release
Nov release
Nov release
Nov release
pleases all around.

Upvote 0
That article on the ICS Easter Egg said "I vaguely remember Google having a way with hiding some little oddity in ever build of Android." - so there is one in Gingerbread? How would I see it on my Incredible?

I THINK that HTC writes this out or somehow blocks it. My mother's Moto Droid can get it. IF you are going to try - go to the settings > about phone > software information > then keep tapping on the android version

Like I said - mom's droid does it, my friend's incredible does not.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones