• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right back at you, Early. I prefer to think of us as a team with you, me and lady fangs shouldering the burden. Personally, I believe you deserve more thanks than I do! Here's to Early and Otd!

Yeah, yeah, yeah - get back to work, hoser!

I got all my cred riding on seven for seven and teenth for teenth, 17th - so you go make that happen so I can credit! :D ;)

Upvote 0
I'm surprised people have seemingly glossed right over the Verizon accessory listing: Link

Actually the one thing that it DID do is give me the complete wording I needed to complete my forbidden fabrication that caused so much strife this past Friday . . . NOT that I'd ever post it HERE again. Oh my does it look authentic now though. :cool: Sometimes I even impress myself. lol

Upvote 0
What makes you think it's not launching for another 4 weeks?
It has been confirmed that it is not delayed.

I'm not one of the ones who buys into the early December talk. The Source here said that he heard it *might* be delayed up until 12/17.

But too may things have came up today afterwards that point to either late this week or early next week. These website changes and a placeholder for the Nexus on vzw.com being the latest.

Reactions: vandyman
Upvote 0
Huh? When did that happen? And how can we say it has or has not been delayed when there was never an official release date to be delayed from? ;)

When I talked to Kegan today in the office of the President of Verizon Wireless I asked him if the rumors surrounding the Gnex being delayed due to issues with the phone and he said "absolutely not". The phone was simply being held back by VZW to release at their pleasure.

Upvote 0
I didn't see a lag. re: blogs. lol.

I noticed a slight lag in some of the transitions, but it was most notable while using the keyboard. It had a whole mess of apps downloaded to it, and who knows how many were running.

HanSolo, they come and they go and I say good riddance, but I'm going to be disappointed not having you in the GN thread opening threads.

I second this. You need to hang on Han.

Don't worry guys. I'll still be a Nexling the same as you. I'm just thinking about whether I should test drive the HTC device while I wait.

If we get an announcement soon on a November release, I'll probably hunker down and wait.

My OG Droid did its black screen of death again today though.

Upvote 0
So, I dunno if this is related to the recent changes in Verizon's website, but VZWSupport tweeted this:
We came. We saw. We conquered. See you @ 7am CST
Does anyone know what's going on at 7am CST tomorrow?
All I can think of is that it's right before the TMo-Google event, so maybe they're trying to upstage them by announcing the Gnex :D

Or I could be reading too far into this and they're having a workshop or something (though at 7am, I don't know who'd be attending besides OTD ;) )

Upvote 0
When I talked to Kegan today in the office of the President of Verizon Wireless I asked him if the rumors surrounding the Gnex being delayed due to issues with the phone and he said "absolutely not". The phone was simply being held back by VZW to release at their pleasure.

Ok so you're talking about hardware/software delays. Isn't VZW sitting on the phone and not releasing it if it's ready a delay? :)

Upvote 0
So, I dunno if this is related to the recent changes in Verizon's website, but VZWSupport tweeted this:
All I can think of is that it's right before the TMo-Google event, so maybe they're trying to upstage them by announcing the Gnex :D

Or I could be reading too far into this and they're having a workshop or something (though at 7am, I don't know who'd be attending besides OTD ;) )

The only other thing I could think is the guy who works the vzw twitter doesn't start work till 7 tomorrow.

Edit: Now i'm gonna not be able to sleep well, Thanks Roosey

Upvote 0

Not to be a buzzkill, but I would guess that's just there hours of operation for the support twitter account.

Upvote 0

thats probably just when they will be responding to people asking them questions again?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones