***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Eek feetsies!!!

That looks exactly like a resort in Florida that I used to go to as a kid.

2. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

I think that the GNEX was supposed to be released earlier too. But wouldn't the RAZR have been DOA if that happened?
  3. Highwayman

Highwayman VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to the show! :)
  4. benne13

benne13 Active Member

I'm in the same boat and was initially waiting for the GNEX for months coming from Sprint, but purchased the RAZR last week with the intention of taking it back for the GNEX, but after using it for almost a week, I really love this phone! ICS will be coming in Jan 12, so that's a push. GNEX would have to have the best ever display / camera to make me even think of switching..but you never know until it gets released.
  5. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Back from lunch and just a few pages of chatter.

Lemme see if my contact has anything to say. Be right back.
    Trooper likes this.
  6. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Not criticizing you at all... but your situation is EXACTLY what VZW is delaying the GN launch for.
    red66charger likes this.
  7. Rhystatic

Rhystatic Well-Known Member

Sounds about right. They just seem to be crazy unorganized and backwards about it.
  8. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only indication that I've seen of any RAZR success has been Amazon. They're currently backordered for them right now.
  9. atrayn22

atrayn22 Well-Known Member

I think it's the same reason. But if that were true then they should initially release the GNex for $350 subsidized. That would allow them to continue to sell Razrs. Only thing I can think of is that Google would put the kibosh on that.
  10. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

BB, I think your avatars are starting to elicit similar reactions to people finding a special Google logo on their page every now and then. :)
    Highwayman likes this.
  11. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

Sweet Congrats!!!!
    Okay I am sorry for the picture
    vandyman likes this.
  12. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

You might be right. The only problem is, Razr sales can hardly stall any more than they already are. People have been saying that they've sold way less than they expected. So really, if they're going to try to get rid of some inventory, we might have to wait a long, long time...
  13. Richman21

Richman21 Well-Known Member

I've owned the D1, D2, D2G and D3 and I don't think I will buy another Motorola phone. I use the camera alot and I have been horribly disasppointed with the camera on the D3. It's slow and does not focus well, etc. The Nexus will be my first Samsung smartphone. What did it for me was the camera on the Nexus. It looks f'ing awesome. I could not, would not, buy the RAZR. It's the Nexus for me. Good things come to those who wait!!
    Trooper likes this.
  14. SeaWo1f

SeaWo1f Active Member

1: I have a grandfathered unlimited plan I would rather not lose. And I have had problems with imported phones being kicked off att network. I am considering ordering it and switching back to t-mobile. Who I left att for when my imported phones stopped working..

2: Yes google is still an American company I would have like to see the releases either be at the same time or here first. I know its an international business but some loyalty to its home country would be nice.

3: I would have been fine with that or if they announced the phone when they did and gave 12/30/2011 as the release. Or if they are having teething problems with the phone just saying so and telling us that's why we don't have a firm date.
  15. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

I agree completely, and I blame Google for not making their prior Nexus launches bigger successes. It' ludicrous to me that the company that make the largest phone OS in the world can't say to a carrier "here's my phone, you will launch it on this date."

I want Nexus launches to be like iphone launches, but I don't think that will ever happen.:mad:
    kg6epf and Reborn58 like this.
  16. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

12:01am EST, Maybe the end of this Epic thread.
    That is what the witch next store told me. Poor old bat.;)
    ^^^In hopes of a pre-order.:)
  17. jchunt

jchunt Well-Known Member

Another husband passing the old phone to "the wife". Doesn't she deserve a Nexus, too, for everything she does for you?
    Mahalo likes this.
  18. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Does Han know you're using his PC?

totally j/k :D
    Highwayman likes this.
  19. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Updated thread stats: 335 pages and 16735 posts to go.

Congrats to Airmaxx23, nj02vette and The_Chief!

Welcome to our newly non-lurking members!
    The_Chief, nj02vette and EarlyMon like this.
  20. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

Might be, but the volcano wasn't there when you were a kid, unless you're a teenager now.
  21. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Again the pages stats is not the same for everyone.
  22. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

When I bought my Dinc, my wife and I both switched to Dinc's from the LG Dare. When I told her it was new phone time, she asked me why. She said there is nothing wrong with her Dinc. I will likely NOT upgrade her device at this time. In the spring or when her Dinc dies, I think she'll make the move to an iPhone.
  23. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Thanks, But that pic is not what NJ is all about. If I ever run into these losers, They will be getting a foot up their A2Z.:eek:
    shawn487 likes this.
  24. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Alright, new optimistic path for today 17th the preorder begins, 21st shipped as well as available online. 28th available in stores.

If i don't come up with new plans, I'm gonna cave. Not sure I can last, although I wonder if I can get a special deal if I trade my flip razr for the new razr. That should be some kinda discount, right?
  25. muscal

muscal Well-Known Member

nexus15, Travillion, rpretzel and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.