• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ladies and gentlemen, I sent an email earlier to the Vice President of National Customer service, got an email back asking for my cell number, just got a call back. Here are the main points:

1. He says that he is not aware of a specific launch date, and that even in his department they don't know until a day or two ahead of time, but that they would definitely want to start selling it before Black Friday.

2. I told him that I was disappointed in the lack of info and that I was either considering going to AT&T or "renting" an HTC device (yeah, I said it.) He replied that he would appreciate it if I didn't do that, and that he would be more than happy to send me another phone that I could return once the SGN came out "which wouldn't be very long at all, maybe a week or two at the most".

3. He reset my return/exchange grace period and I can now take advantage of the extended holiday return period in case I don't like the Nexus (ha!)

4. He applied another $50 loyalty discount to my account.

5. I'm getting a "like new" DINC2 tomorrow via FedEx to hold me over.

Guys, I know that I will sound like a total windsock, but Verizon really impressed me today.

My hope is renewed, my hope is renewed!!!

man_on_beach_praising_God_-300x198.jpg

FYI Han, My GF has a DINC2 and loves it. It's a pretty good phone IMO, with one flaw. The phone dropped a bunch of calls in the begining. I bought the cheapest signal booster I could find on Amazon and stuck it behind the battery, and her signal has been great ever since. It was a ten pack and I would be happy to send you one at no cost, plus pics of how I installed it on her phone if you have the same issue. It looks pretty easy to peel off too, so when your SGN arrives and you send it back, you won't get counted off. :D

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Very good point I'd like to see the stats on this as well

Some of the commenters are curious about what the activation number represents. I reached out to Google and a representative said that it does not include upgrades and only includes devices that run Google services. So forks of Android built by some Asian manufacturers who don

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
they've said it a couple times... "for android devices" but they've mentioned a couple times you can still access stuff on iOS. anyone making any sense of it?

I'm pretty sure you can access it from the web anywhere. Including via Safari. Might have to purchase through the market, but then you can listen anywhere.

Upvote 0
He's supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody ever believed he was real. Nobody ever knew him or saw anybody that ever worked directly for him. But to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Steven59. You never knew; that was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

And like that - POOF! - he's gone!

I love this movie.... :-D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
FYI Han, My GF has a DINC2 and loves it. It's a pretty good phone IMO, with one flaw. The phone dropped a bunch of calls in the begining. I bought the cheapest signal booster I could find on Amazon and stuck it behind the battery, and her signal has been great ever since. It was a ten pack and I would be happy to send you one at no cost, plus pics of how I installed it on her phone if you have the same issue. It looks pretty easy to peel off too, so when your SGN arrives and you send it back, you won't get counted off. :D

Wow, thanks! I just got a tracking number, and it actually won't be here til Friday (the VP I talked to said that might be a possibility because he didn't know if FedEx had picked up stuff already).

I'll let you know if I have the same problem. I really appreciate it.

Hopefully I won't need to keep it for very long, though.

Upvote 0
Well - this really should not come as anything other than a welcome surprise.

We did mention before that our current AI replacement for Steven58 was in beta and would be out soon. The AI Early Mon(itor) beta was elected for your mod-bot replacement needs. :)

Ladies and gentlemen, my Killbot features Lotus Notes and a machine gun. It is the finest available. :)

Did I mention I am a domino/Notes admin?

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
True, but Verizon can't be blind to the fact that many who do buy the RAZRs and HTC devices at this point will return them when the SGN comes out. That will incur costs in manpower for refurbishing, and then they won't be able to sell them at "new" prices.

Announcing a release date now makes business sense as well.

Thanks for saying this. I said the same thing last night and I was going around in circles with it. :eek:
I even got beat up on here.:(

Upvote 0
Not sure if this was already posted because I was watching the Google Music announcement instead of following the thread.

This showed up in my google search alerts. Looks like a U.S. company is going to start selling unlocked versions of the GSM Nexus on Nov. 28th. Don't think this has any implications for a Verizon release, but may be helpful for those on other carriers looking to get an unlocked version for T-Mobile or AT&T.

Galaxy Nexus expected in stock on November 28th, according to Mobile City Online |

Reactions: nexusprimepls
Upvote 0
Hey ladies and gentlemen, I sent an email earlier to the Vice President of National Customer service, got an email back asking for my cell number, just got a call back. Here are the main points:

1. He says that he is not aware of a specific launch date, and that even in his department they don't know until a day or two ahead of time, but that they would definitely want to start selling it before Black Friday.

2. I told him that I was disappointed in the lack of info and that I was either considering going to AT&T or "renting" an HTC device (yeah, I said it.) He replied that he would appreciate it if I didn't do that, and that he would be more than happy to send me another phone that I could return once the SGN came out "which wouldn't be very long at all, maybe a week or two at the most".

3. He reset my return/exchange grace period and I can now take advantage of the extended holiday return period in case I don't like the Nexus (ha!)

4. He applied another $50 loyalty discount to my account.

5. I'm getting a "like new" DINC2 tomorrow via FedEx to hold me over.

Guys, I know that I will sound like a total windsock, but Verizon really impressed me today.

My hope is renewed, my hope is renewed!!!

man_on_beach_praising_God_-300x198.jpg

The Dinc2 isn't a bad phone. I'm using it now and other then spending all day on this forum and draining my battery its a decent phone. If it had 4G I might not even get the Nexus.

Ha who am I kidding, id still get the Nexus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones