• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't quote me but I think its for the multimedia and car dock

So would they allow charging? Odd cause their on the same side as the power button....

images

Upvote 0
So I have been waiting for this phone as its the one I want.

But today I took my wife to get her new NE2 phone. She didn't want the nexus as its to big for her hands (hold the jokes please) so she got the HTC Rezound. I must admit after playing with her phone I like it a lot. The phone is really fast and she even got the extended battery which made the phone surprisingly comfortable to hold. Screen is gorgeous and the camera works real well.

I hold out for the Nexus because its bigger and I want a NFC chip as I think google wallet could turn out to be really cool. The only negative for me is not habing a SD card slot. But with so man positives for the nexus, I don't know how long I can hold onto that negative.

Upvote 0
This was my first PM....
Then I immediately got this next one:
Dear Source,

I just have to tell you how grateful I am to know you and to call you my friend. Furthermore, I'm grateful that you care about us. I hear it in the tone of your voice. As I told you, I've dedicated this thread to you, because your inside information has been a chief driving force in it. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say heartfelt thanks. You told me how much you were looking forward to this awhile back, as much or more than we are, your having had this phone in your hands during the summer.

That enthusiasm really rubbed off on us. Thanks for everything, whowever you are. :p

How reliable is your source? I mean, has his "leaks" become true? I don't doubt your integrity, I just doubt his. It appears it is a good source, seeing as how everyone here seems to believe him unconditionally.

Upvote 0
How reliable is your source? I mean, has his "leaks" become true? I don't doubt your integrity, I just doubt his. It appears it is a good source, seeing as how everyone here seems to believe him unconditionally.

We will believe anyone unconditionally as long as we like what we hear :D. But Steven has verified him, and and for most of us that's good enough

Upvote 0
The Galaxy Nexus is now officially out in the UK. Damn you Verizon. Damn you Mom and Dad for not being English.

Galaxy Nexus launches in UK today, 8AM local time

No need to be jealous, I think there are about 5 handsets for the whole country, and no SIM free ones for a while. Up until yesterday I was told my order would be dispatched on the 17th, now it's the 25th, and I bet that'll slip as well.

Upvote 0
So how did the poker game go?

lol

Ok, they were a bunch of nice guys and I appreciated the invite, but I was led to believe that these were people that could actually play cards. I was told there would be a lot of action and that there would probably be about 15 people there. It was NOT any of these things. Now, I have no problem with little home games and people that don't take the game as serious as I do. I get that for the majority of people out there this is something fun to do with friends. I actually do understand that what I do for a living is a little odd to others and most people don't get it. I also understand that most of the people I talk think it is gambling.

Now, with that said.....

It was a pretty sad game. I normally have fun playing in home games because it is different from playing online all the time and you can chat with people. This was actually quite boring. The wives were going to play, but backed out to go to a movie last minute so I ended up being there with 8 guys that only wanted to talk about football and smoke cigars (nasty). These guys also had no idea what they were doing and I'm not sure some of them even knew how to play or what the hand ranks are. Most of them wanted to play 5 card draw (yuck, hate the game) and with wild cards :eek:. They had a hard time figuring out Texas Hold'em and trying to explain Omaha, 7 card or pineapple was a lost cause. We took a break at one point for about 20 minutes because some of the guys wanted me to teach them how to shuffle chips.:rolleyes: The buy-in was supposed to be a few hundred and it ended up being about $20. They wanted to play $.25 and $.50 all night. In the end, I left with the money I walked in with. I won just enough to pay my part of the food they ordered and that was it.

Now, again please understand that I am not putting anyone down for their home games or wanting play this way. It can be fun. I'm just annoyed because this is not how the game was originally explained to me. If it was, I would have stayed home.

Upvote 0
I thought the testman site looked kinda weird....the RAZR and the Rezound are missing, and I'm not talking about the front page. Curious very Curious.

Set Your Location

Not curious. It hasn't been updated in quite awhile (since before the Razr was released, but after it was announced 10/27-11/11). The Razr and Rezound weren't on there last night when I looked either. What is curious is that the center portion of the main screen is gone, my guess it will be up tomorrow with a Nexus announcement instead of the Razr announcement it had been carrying.

Upvote 0
Sweet Baby Jesus in his golden fleece diaper, I go to bed and this thread busts wide open. At least it's busted open with good news and not semi suicidal rants. Thanks ever so much to Steven, The Source, Han and Hanette for the great news. My employer will be happy to know I should return to some level of productivity when I come back from Thanksgiving. :D

Upvote 0
So the guy who samsung_uk tweeted "The world's first #GalaxyNexus owner!" doesn't have any Google apps on his GN, can't sync account with the phone and is taking it back later :D.

from overclockers UK forum
This phone is one odd device. You turn the thing on and there is nothing about setting up your google account. No Android Market. No Google Apps of any kind appear on this phone. I've added my gmail account but the phone is only recognising it as a standard email account and isn't syncing my contacts!

edit: seems they sold him a phone with developer build somehow, no one else yet having probs

Upvote 0
So the guy who samsung_uk tweeted "The world's first #GalaxyNexus owner!" doesn't have any Google apps on his GN, can't sync account with the phone and is taking it back later :D. Going to get interesting if this is the case for all the phones they are selling in the UK now.

from overclockers UK forum
As I've said many times before, only release it if it works right. Fix the major bugs before shipment.

But this I find very hard to believe. Something is seriously wrong if there are no Gapps.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones