• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
*yawn* Greetings fellow GNexers!
Well I didn't have any GNex dreams... then again I didn't have any dreams at all.
I made a post on reddit last night asking what people think of the launch, if they can side with Verizon and understand their reasoning/strategy or if they think they dun goofed, and here's a very good reply that I think makes a lot more sense now that I think about it:
They're trying not to Osborne Effect the Razr/Rezound.
They haven't made an official statement regarding pricing, specs (16GB or 32GB), or pre-order details. I'm assuming that they're waiting until after Black Friday so they can sell the Razr/Rezound at a discount and push the 4G "double your data" promo (which will conveniently expire right before the SGN comes out).
Ah, I get it now. Well unfortunately I guess that means that the whole "RAZR/Rezound/Double Data" thing will have to end before we see any sort of official announcement from Verizon :(

Upvote 0
So I just realized that one of my buddies is currently working at one of VZW's corporate stores. I asked him about the Nexus. His response is below. Nothing we haven't already heard. I tried. :eek:

"As for the nexus, I got to play with one on Wednesday.....this thing is sick. No release date tho. Could be as early as the 21st, as late as mid December and that's from my Samsung guy"

I just asked him whether the phone he played with was 16 or 32gb. I'll let y'all know...

Take it FWIW, but here's the answer he gave me on the memory spec:

It was a 32. Any other specs ur curious about?

So at least it sounds like the LTE demo units that Samsung has been bringing by the corporate stores has 32gb of memory installed.

Could Verizon be pulling a bait-and-switch on us and sticking us with a 16gb version? Sure, but I doubt it. I'm thinking someone at google goofed up when they updated the tech specs page.

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
brush%20it%20off.jpg

I find it hilarious that in the background the black guy starts going nuts instantaneously and this white guy suddenly realizes that he's supposed to be clapping but he really doesn't know why.

Not starting a political debat here or anything. I'm just making an observation on the posted image.

Reactions: DCRussian
Upvote 0
For any the don't have unlimited already, I guess the need to go "rent" either the RAZR or Rezound.

Patiently waiting...

Yeah I don't quite understand the Double Data thing since I have unlimited... really Verizon is screwing us all over because they want to push the RAZR/Rezound as much as they possibly can but they don't seem to understand that not as many people are buying the phones... they just don't seem to get it and they're making us wait for the Galaxy Nexus because of their stupidity :/

Upvote 0
You know what someone should try, someone should draft up a template/petition style email--very well worded, respectful, but also describing VZW customers' frustration.
Then post it on here...twitter. All of us copy/paste..attach our names to it and then start sending emails to Executive Leadership....and I mean all of them.

Executive Leadership

now who's a great wordsmith??

Upvote 0
You know what someone should try, someone should draft up a template/petition style email--very well worded, respectful, but also describing VZW customers' frustration.
Then post it on here...twitter. All of us copy/paste..attach our names to it and then start sending emails to Executive Leadership....and I mean all of them.

Executive Leadership

now who's a great wordsmith??

I'll try my hand at it.

Upvote 0
When I bought the rezound I clearly asked about return policy. The rep went and asked her manager.

Her manager called her higher up on phone and said.

Since it doesnt state the phone cant be activated to return by January 15th then you can return it. Furthermore, whoever on the phone strictly said they didnt want people to buy phones and sit on activating them, making her believe it was intended for activated phones or not.

Goto your store and ask the manager, we all know corporate stores can be run different depending on managers

Upvote 0
apparently even Blackmanx is fed up with Verizon. =/

https://plus.google.com/110547327851943556849/posts/aVC3yaP82Se

I thought I would be done with vzw lte nexus bullshit by the time I was ready to come home.. but nope. "Just when you think your out they pull you back in" i am trying to remain calm and not truly talk about how bad verizon has screwed this up but its hard. When we reached out to them with this device we thought they understood what it was and how important it could be for us all. But they are sooo hell bent on controling everything and maximizing their marketing plans that they have made this an embarrassment. How does a device set to launch beginning of nov still not have a announced date a week before thanksgiving? I really wish my former peers in baskin ridge would pull their heads out their asses...

I am done with this whole thing... no more nexus talk till released...

Upvote 0
So apple was right

Were they or did they force the market in that direction given their weight at the time?
I believe flash could have been improved and become competitive in this area, but lack of support by the heavy on both mobile devices AND tablets is really what killed.

Apple is known for being stubborn and pushing their beliefs on their customers "for their own good."

Thank goodness Apple didn't have a popular point and shoot camera back in the days of removable memory, otherwise we'd have yet another standard to fight with. Sony reference anyone??

For the record, I'm a fan of Mac products. I loathe iPxx.

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
Here's my draft:

To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Scott Greene and I am speaking on behalf of androidforums.com, as well as countless other Verizon customers and future Galaxy Nexus-owners. We have been disgruntled with Verizon's apparent inability to provide information for an entire month, and we ask that you give us something to look forward to, even if the phone is coming in December. According to a poll on Droid-Life.com (Monday Poll: Now That All Three Have Been Announced – Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, or RAZR? – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog), over 10,000 customers are waiting on the Galaxy Nexus (71%; and this probably only represents a small portion of potential Galaxy Nexus buyers anyways) and have received nothing from Verizon to give them reason to do so. Clearly, despite any sort of marketing plan or roadmap, the RAZR and Rezound aren't selling as well as previously thought (even with Double Data), and we Galaxy Nexus hopefuls are feeling the devastating effect of this. I politely demand that we receive a confirmed release date from Verizon, so as to relieve some stress in the community (which has already garnered much media attention and buzz, at no cost to Verizon...) and bring some hope back into our patience.
Thank you for your time,
Scott Greene

Help me edit it if necessary :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones