• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. . . .back and forth banging our heads against the wall with no solution in sight and an evil Verizon genius (with one of our own - Steven) peering down at us and laughing gleefully while they rub their hands together. . . or. . . .being nice to my wife and enjoying all the benefits that entails. . . . :rolleyes:

Thanks for the article, Vandyman. At least that would hint 1.5 GHz. But no mention of the TYPE of processor! Oh well. You tried. I suppose.

Later gators

Good point. See ya.

Upvote 0
While a VERY good assumption its still an assumption with the Exynos 4212. It could have already been ready for production but you are assuming its going to be business as usual like the other company's. You don't know what Samsung is doing with this chip and neither do I.

Your opinion is a VERY valid one but at the end of the day that's all it is. The only thing we are both sure of is that it went out for sampling. Beyond that we have no clue. The chip could very well be already in production and it could very well not be. Id be a fool to claim one or the other.

All we have are opinions on this subject and you know what they say about opinions :)

Except snapdragon is designed by a company without inhouse fab or device builder..

They exist only to sell to third parties..

In the interest of playing devils advocate, if Samsung wanted to they could do the entire process in secret..

no they couldn't.

I know. I was hoping that since he posted on my profile, maybe I was one of his favorite little pet weasels. Guess not. :(

Well I'm leaning towards Exynos 4212, and GSM Arena.

Samsung ‘Orion’ Dual-Core Mobile Processor Announced

Upvote 0
Actually not. There was one more message. S/he told me he totally understands you guys and feels for you in all of this secrecy and wishes s/ he could say more. S/ he says to hold out just a little longer and you'll find out everything you want to know.
Now you just made me a vampire , just like you , no sleep.....DAMN Steve..;)

Upvote 0
So, if not exynos, what would be the next best candidate for 1.5? Just omap clocked at 1.5? Or is there another chip that's likely?
I believe there's a 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon, and that may(?) be what's in the Korean phones. If so, I think it only would perform about as well as 1.2GHz Exynos.

Reactions: kastleberg
Upvote 0
Point being, Biker, that I don't want all my music and movies locked away in a "cloud" I can't get to. I want it onboard my phone when I'm out in the wilderness (with in-laws :eek: ). 16GB doesn't get it for me. Neither does a cloud.

Cloud has its place, I won't dispute that. But until it's EVERYWHERE, I want sufficient space on my phone for movies, music and all the HD video and photos I'm presumably going to be taking with this beast.

I think I agree with you. I like the clouds for syncing and such but my personal stuff I want close at hand.
I cannot help but think how much big brother is liking the cloud thing. And the virus and malicious ware writers are foaming at the mouth over hitting the clouds.

Upvote 0
Certain components not seen in the US so far????!

LET THE SPECULATIONS BEGIN!!!

that post just got me really excited. Thanks to the source and Steven!!

Well...Ice Cream Sandwich for one :D Okay, so it's not really a "component" in the technical sense. I think the interesting part of this is "not seen in the US so far".

I'm just as guilty as the next guy getting all worked up over this dang phone :eek: but it would be so much worse without VZ_Wired's occasional pep posts. I realize his posts are being monitored my the mothership and he can only say so much. But just the fact that he takes the time to do so is pretty damn cool of him. But nothing is more cool than him having Han's sister's back by warning him to quit pushing her for more info...for her own job security.

You're a cool dood VZ_Wired. And thanks to you Steven for being the middle man with VZ. I feel a little better about waiting.

Upvote 0
I don't believe that Samsung would secretly develop a chip inhouse while publicly saying otherwise (because it could piss off their partners/customers), but just playing devil's advocate... why do you think they couldn't?

because of exactly what you said, it's just ridiculous lol.

btw, it looks like the 4210 comes in a 1.4ghz flavor. and that's not in any phone in the us, correct?

Samsung Exynos

(still think it's the 4460 though)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
S4 supports bluetooth 4.0. The device known as the SCH-I515 certified by the BT Alliance is only BT 3.0. Same for the GT-I9250. The lack of BT4.0 support hints at an older SoC...
True. , But is the next greatest VZW phone going to be number as SCH-i515. That is even still up in the air. I guess time will tell.

Could SCH-i515 = Samsung Stratosphere?

Upvote 0
Firstly, I never mentioned it was Vz_wired..

Secondly, I'm on my lappy, now, at the hotel. Visiting family in Virginia. I've been checking in over the phone all day, so it's been difficult to type what I wanted.

I do want to really express something here. I have no information. I'm just passing along what I'm told. Additionally, I'm not and especially gifted geek. I just happen to wear a badge, so the person talks to me. There's nothing special about me, other than that fact.

Finally, I want to thank everyone here for making this thread both fun and exciting. You are a truly fine people, and I am honored to share this special wait for this special phone with you. No kidding. Just my heart talking. :)

Sincerely,
Steven

Upvote 0
Again, not possible. If you don't have real people testing final hardware, then the hardware isn't being sufficiently tested. For devices intended to be sold in the millions, it would be insane to release something with a non-trivial chance of recall. My WAG is that they'd have dozens testing for months before a phone's release.
Blue do you "argue" just for the sake of arguing? These are not my opinions or me speculating that info comes DIRECTLY from people within that industry.

I don't mind healthy debate but your comments are ridiculous. Unless you are involved in any of these projects I think it's best if you just defer to those that are. Don't you think?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones