• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the charts, NKK, they are a fantastic visual expression of this thread's exponential growth. WELL DONE :)

Well...you keep the statistics, I do the charts :)

In reality, the charts take all of 2 minutes using Origin (profesisonal data analysis software). But I like the attention.

And no, I do not have one for the fact/BS ratio. However, given that there are very few confirmed facts, I think we can approximate it to be about infinity.

-Nkk

Upvote 0
Well...you keep the statistics, I do the charts :)

In reality, the charts take all of 2 minutes using Origin (profesisonal data analysis software). But I like the attention.

And no, I do not have one for the fact/BS ratio. However, given that there are very few confirmed facts, I think we can approximate it to be about infinity.

-Nkk

I think that would be 1:5180 as of this post. :D

Upvote 0
Anyone besides xtop and BLD see the supposed hump at the bottom? I can't make it out.:thinking:
I see the bottom of the device but no discernible hump like in the profile pic. That video looks nothing like the profile pic.

That bezel is not even present on the Google video/pic. The sides of the device are black and angle in towards the screen itself.

The video is of another device in my opinion. Probably the GT-i9250. No branding on it and it doesn't look like the Google pic.

Reactions: Namrak
Upvote 0

Ah...I inverted it. It would be approx. 0. The BS to fact ration is approx infinite. :)

As a bonus, if you use the regression from my last chart (and ignore the humungous and >100% errors on some numbers), you will see that by October 27, we will have about 15.5 thousand posts (I rounded some days, so that may be on the 26th at 5pm or some such error). So....we have a goal. Steven, are you read to go back to Incredible thread type posting levels (yes, I was there).

So, in short: We need 15,500 posts by the 27th!!! LETS GO!!!

-Nkk

Upvote 0
I see the bottom of the device but no discernible hump like in the profile pic. That video looks nothing like the profile pic.

That bezel is not even present on the Google video/pic. The sides of the device are black and angle in towards the screen itself.

The video is of another device in my opinion. Probably the GT-i9250. No branding on it and it doesn't look like the Google pic.

I'm still not seeing what you're talking about. How could you tell if their was a bezel or not on the Google video? We only see a direct side view so there's no perspective to tell if there's a bezel or not.

Upvote 0
Ah...I inverted it. It would be approx. 0. The BS to fact ration is approx infinite. :)

As a bonus, if you use the regression from my last chart (and ignore the humungous and >100% errors on some numbers), you will see that by October 27, we will have about 15.5 thousand posts (I rounded some days, so that may be on the 26th at 5pm or some such error). So....we have a goal. Steven, are you read to go back to Incredible thread type posting levels (yes, I was there).

So, in short: We need 15,500 posts by the 27th!!! LETS GO!!!

-Nkk

That shouldn't be too hard. I mean we've already posted what? Over a thousand today already and absolutely nothing new happened today.

Upvote 0

what???? so since the video leaked, what phone have you thought we've been looking at?

it doesn't look like what google pic?

Upvote 0
I'm still not seeing what you're talking about. How could you tell if their was a bezel or not on the Google video? We only see a direct side view so theirs no perspective to tell if there's a bezel or not.

The silver bezel does not even appear anywhere on the black "bezel" from the side view. The silver bezel would somewhat wrap around the sides. You would be able to at least catch a little bit of it from a profile shot.

Upvote 0
The silver bezel does not even appear anywhere on the black "bezel" from the side view. The silver bezel would somewhat wrap around the sides. You would be able to at least catch a little bit of it from a profile shot.

I don't see a silver bezel on the phone in the video. It looks like the bright light reflecting off the plastic edges of the phone. Look at the guys hand in the video and you can see there is a bright light shining down from above.

Upvote 0

Respectfully - even a broken clock(*) is right twice a day. ;) :D

After all - I think we have the following facts well in hand: it's Samsung, it'll run Ice Cream, and at least one version will have Prime in the name. I'll go out on a limb and say it's better than 50/50 that Verizon will get it!

(* footnote - For clocks with physical hands locked in a stationary position or digital display models with working displays locked at a persistent, numerically valid, time.

I say this because this is a tough room, and I'm afraid someone will say to hold it upside down and then it's right four times a day! :eek: :) :D)

Cheers! ;)

PS - btw, your exponential graph has been submitted to Phandroid as news - let's see if they come through. After all, other sites seem to be getting their news from this thread, so - why not?

Upvote 0
I don't see a silver bezel on the phone in the video. It looks like the bright light reflecting off the plastic edges of the phone. Look at the guys hand in the video and you can see there is a bright light shining down from above.
hmmm...maybe you are right. This video sux :) why didn't this guy turn the phone over. I wish there was a virtual slap I could give him

Reactions: vandyman
Upvote 0
That's on the Galaxy SII HD frame. Enjoy.

av0kuq.jpg

Upvote 0
Samsung mobile is now saying this on their facebook page. I think they said something similar when it was first reported to be postponed on Friday. Hopefully they announce the rescheduled unpack event soon.

"We're sorry to announce that Samsung Mobile Unpacked event originally scheduled for Oct. 11 has been postponed.
A new date and venue will be announced as soon as they are available. We ask for your kind understanding."

Upvote 0
:D
Respectfully - even a broken clock(*) is right twice a day. ;) :D

After all - I think we have the following facts well in hand: it's Samsung, it'll run Ice Cream, and at least one version will have Prime in the name. I'll go out on a limb and say it's better than 50/50 that Verizon will get it!

(* footnote - For clocks with physical hands locked in a stationary position or digital display models with working displays locked at a persistent, numerically valid, time.

I say this because this is a tough room, and I'm afraid someone will say to hold it upside down and then it's right four times a day! :eek: :) :D)

Cheers! ;)

PS - btw, your exponential graph has been submitted to Phandroid as news - let's see if they come through. After all, other sites seem to be getting their news from this thread, so - why not?

Well a fact being something that can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt and that we couldn't 100% confirm that a phone was absolutely the Prime if we had it in front of us I'd say we are still at 0 facts. :D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones