• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from Poland. Funniest thing is that I have 10 PM now. When you're all sleeping nicely I have dinner. When I get up early, you have a late evening. I'm laughing sometimes about it.
I heard the Germans conquered Poland so quickly by marching in backwards. The Polish Army thought they were leaving. Any truth to that rumor?

I kid I kid :)

Welcome to the forums!

Upvote 0
9:00pm on a Friday night....unless you're in Poland where it's 6am Saturday morning. Just read thru the day's "offerings".....My goodness, you guys are entertaining! The only new thing I have to offer is this....you know the new commercial on tv for the Bionic??? The one with the sexy gal in leather fighting the robot?? Well, truth be told, they used ME as the model for that. Just thought you should know.
......and I have not yet given up hope for......P R I M E.
Good night, you warrior-scavengers-of-truth. Grandma's goin' dark.....

Upvote 0
I heard the Germans conquered Poland so quickly by marching in backwards. The Polish Army thought they were leaving. Any truth to that rumor?

I haven't heard about this, but I would not be surprised if it was true. I'm trying to live as different from the normal polish guy as it's possible, as I know some bad-news about pols around the world.

Upvote 0
You may be right. If we get a quasi-Nexus with bloatware, that’s still good enough for me. Black_man_x has told everyone to follow some guy named Tom Fleming for Prime info, possibly including a release date, at Twitter.

I suppose I’ll be checking in periodically. Pretty discouraged though.

Verizon better not screw this up.

I click on this now and get "Page Not Found" hmmmm.....

On a side note: VZW sent me an email yesterday offering me $100 off a smart phone if I used my X as "trade-in" The offer expires on 9/30/2011 and if the Vigor was out before then this would have been a HELL of a temptation that I might have succumbed to but the expiration date on such an offer intrigues me....

Reactions: moidawn
Upvote 0
He's apparently got a bit of a, erm, "flair" to his postings... I cite this:

"So instead of filling your belly with candies, jellies and other hallows eve fare, perhaps your palate will cast a ballot for an ice cream sandwich instead"

What's that tell me? That this person - who is apparently IN THE KNOW - is saying to expect ICS around the end of October. WHOOT!

Reactions: johnny#5 and Cam
Upvote 0
whats with all the riddle talk? :thinking:

He's gotten all the info from black_man_x, also known as Panda. black_man_x picked him to leak all the info, but wanted it in the form of a "panda poem", hence the rather strange prose.

I agree with Chief's opinion about ICS coming out at the end of October. I hope that means Prime drops with it! My gut still says November, but I would love to be wrong.

Reactions: johnny#5
Upvote 0
Not necessarily, HanSolo. Could be the SDK's gonna roll out in October, followed by the Prime November 17th. . . . :p

Yep, that's crossed my mind as well. It will probably be like IOS 5.

Whether it's 11/17 or not, I think whatever release date this guy says will be legit. Black_man_x has worked for Verizon (still has contacts there) and presently works for Google. My sister's passed on chatter, but chatter is just hearsay. I hope she's wrong and has heard a date later than what it will be!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones