• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I don't care anymore. Verizon will probably be the last carrier to get it and by then the next best thing will be coming out...maybe on verizon.

Didn't they peg Nov 10 as the launch date for the Nexus/Razr/Rezound?

A friend at Moto said they have the Galaxy Nexus coming to their offices soon, "probably" the LTE version is the rumor @ moto.

This is the same guy that said VZW was the one who required the "bootloader solution".

My guess is that VZW will heavily advertise the RAZR, and possibly NOT subsidize the Nexus?

Upvote 0
Who knows. But I'd personally rather be skeptical now and pleasantly surprised when they announce rather than convinced and severely disappointed later.

Okay, point taken. But to that end, why would the teaser not have arbitrarily thrown up an ATT or Sprint logo? No - it was Verizon. Big Red won't enter the most significant part of the retail year without having the biggest dog in the hunt. This thing is coming to Verizon. End of story.

Reactions: PowerCosmic
Upvote 0
One question....simple answer if your smart.

Did they mention a LTE model for US release...how many carriers have a LTE network in the US?:rolleyes:
No...they said LTE. They have LTE in the UK and Hong Kong as well. It was very vague.

We are just waiting for OFFICIAL confirmation. Not words of encouragement, linked "old" articles or pats on the back to not worry :)

Upvote 0
Read on, Han. He sent another tweet after that with an arrow pointing to the one you just mentioned saying..."you should worry a little"

That wasn't his tweet. He retweeted someone else's.

I really could care less. Until we get some kind of statement that Verizon's dropping the ball, I'm going to remain optimistic.

I'm the anti-CK. :p

I'm betting on November 10 this thread will be locked.

Reactions: red66charger
Upvote 0
It also says in the article:

"The aforementioned backplate feels good in the hand. It's textured with a diagonal checkerboard pattern that offers up some grip and is easily peeled back to reveal the (user-replacable) battery and the SIM card slot. It's a small detail, perhaps, but we were quite pleased to see that you can insert and remove a SIM card without having to take the battery out."

o_O

Yeah, SIM card is expected. But no SD, huh?

Oh well. I won't come close to filling up 32 GB of storage.

Upvote 0
I have a 32GB card in my Dinc and have never come close to filling it. Filling it isn't what worries me, wiping and ROMing without losing my pics is my concern.

Well they resolved it on the Xoom prior to SD support so Devs could probably do it again! It was simply just a directory labeled SD (or something like that) that was skipped over during a wipe.

Upvote 0
No...they said LTE. They have LTE in the UK and Hong Kong as well. It was very vague.

We are just waiting for OFFICIAL confirmation. Not words of encouragement, linked "old" articles or pats on the back to not worry :)

I'm not worried...I've spoken to a vz rep who saw with her own eyes the two phones go into the system today for Nov. 10th release.

Reactions: kcs7272
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones