• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cringe when I see the AT&T SGSII unboxings. We were left high and dry. Why Verizon? Why?

2 friends on FB who aren't even tech heads and don't know each other have said

"I'm really liking my Galaxy S 2 phone"

"Anybody get the Galaxy S 2? It's pretty awesome."

This is a first time I've ever seen people bragging about a phone on FB. Last time I seen comments like this (tech) is when the first iPad was released.

Upvote 0
I cringe when I see the AT&T SGSII unboxings. We were left high and dry. Why Verizon? Why?

This is a first time I've ever seen people bragging about a phone on FB. Last time I seen comments like this (tech) is when the first iPad was released.

Patience grasshopper, vengeance is nigh..

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
OK, disregard the model number part. But I rechecked several recent news, rumors, leaks on stratosphere and found none mentioning dual core or even 1.2Ghz single core but plenty of saying 1Ghz single core. Did you find any?

I must have been mistaken. Can't find a reference to it anywhere. Dunno why I remember reading that, but maybe I just got my wires crossed with all the various leaks, rumors, and speculation I read about day in and day out. ;)

I just looked at the unboxings. You're right, it really rubs us Verizon customers the wrong way. You don't want to participate in the Samsung event? Fine. But at least throw us a bone. If something better is around the corner, time to start dropping hints. Two of your competitors have or are about to have available probably the best phone in the world, certainly better than the comedy of errors that is the Bionic.

Upvote 0
As a group in whole here, we are just going by what rumors we find and what guesses we can make.

For example;
Screen size 4.5 or 4.65
CPU 1.0GHZ or 1.5GHZ dual core
ICS or GB
HD or not.
release date-11/3 or 11/11 or 11/17

Who really knows. There is no hard evidence at this time. Verizon my have giving us a clue by passing on the SGSII.

The only thing that I believe right now is that a Samsung phone will be released by Verizon in November. But what will it be?

Upvote 0
What up guys, joining in here. Just started hearing the rumors about the Nexus Prime, and the thought of a Nexus device coming to Verizon makes me crazy excited. I just hope that Google won't succumb to Verizon's crazy update policy and push the updates out on its own.

Unfortunately Verizon will always have their hand on the updates. Hell will freeze over when they pass on internal testing.

Upvote 0
As a group in whole here, we are just going by what rumors we find and what guesses we can make.

For example;
Screen size 4.5 or 4.65
CPU 1.0GHZ or 1.5GHZ dual core
ICS or GB
HD or not.
release date-11/3 or 11/11 or 11/17

Who really knows. There is no hard evidence at this time. Verizon my have giving us a clue by passing on the SGSII.

The only thing that I believe right now is that a Samsung phone will be released by Verizon in November. But what will it be?

You're even stretching that assumption. There is no hard evidence of anything. NO supply chains, no factories churning, no leaked photos, nothing. HTC Vigor has PLENTY of evidence and is due about the same time, right? Iphone 5 has just about an equal amount of "evidence" which is really... none.

Here is to hoping for Nexus prime with 1.5ghz dc, 4.65% SA 720p hd display. I skipped Epic 4g Touch for sprint in the hope for nexus prime.. lets hope I didn't make the wrong decision!

Upvote 0
How does the delay of the 1.5 GHz OMAP4 affect the Nexus Prime launch? | Android and Me

Some kind of interesting article... since the archos G9 tablets with the 1.0GHz DualCore (propably the 4430) are ou tnow, but the ones with the 1.5GHz (OMAP 4460) are delayed until next year and the rumours said the prime would come with it, im kind of scared that the nexus prime will be delayed till next year, too...

or it will come with another Soc... the samsung's own exynos SoC for example (as the anonymous 4chan user already reported)

i hope the next gen nexus will be the fastest Mobile Device out there (on it's launch)

Upvote 0
How does the delay of the 1.5 GHz OMAP4 affect the Nexus Prime launch? | Android and Me

Some kind of interesting article... since the archos G9 tablets with the 1.0GHz DualCore (propably the 4430) are ou tnow, but the ones with the 1.5GHz (OMAP 4460) are delayed until next year and the rumours said the prime would come with it, im kind of scared that the nexus prime will be delayed till next year, too...

or it will come with another Soc... the samsung's own exynos SoC for example (as the anonymous 4chan user already reported)

i hope the next gen nexus will be the fastest Mobile Device out there (on it's launch)

Oooops...

Upvote 0
There is a little hope.. maybe 4470? ;>

maybe OMAP 4470 (with the new PowerVr SGX544), maybe Qualcomm MSM8960 (first Krait 28nm-processor with the new Adreno 225 GPU), maybe Tegra 3: Kal-El (not impossible :D), maybe Samsungs own Exynos processor (just higher clocked) OR maybe even a brandnew Samsung owned Soc... remember when it's called Samsung Galaxy Nexus, it'll be like the Samsung Galaxy 2.5 and as we know every galaxy-flagship has got its own samsung-soc...

i could imagine a samsung-soc with dualcore 1.5-1.8 GHz and PowerVr SGX544MP2 (yeah 2x SGX544; why? cause the iphone 5's A5 will have 2x SGX543 which is nearly equal, and the Prime is meant to destroy the iphone 5)

but i can't imagine the prime to come with a stupid 4430... that would definitely make NO SENSE!

edit: or maybe some new mobile Soc by Intel? ;D

Upvote 0
You're even stretching that assumption. There is no hard evidence of anything. NO supply chains, no factories churning, no leaked photos, nothing. HTC Vigor has PLENTY of evidence and is due about the same time, right? Iphone 5 has just about an equal amount of "evidence" which is really... none.

Here is to hoping for Nexus prime with 1.5ghz dc, 4.65% SA 720p hd display. I skipped Epic 4g Touch for sprint in the hope for nexus prime.. lets hope I didn't make the wrong decision!

Exactly. Vigor has been leaked like crazy, including huge close up pics of front and back. iPhone 5 has at least had images of parts leak out, images of cases that show off its angled form factor, and was lost in a bar again (I doubt that one, though).

Prime? Zip, zilch, nada. Even SCH-i515 passing through wifi and bluetooth means nothing.

I find it very freaking strange that a phone that's supposed to release 2 weeks after Vigor and iPhone 5 has absolutely nothing leaking out. Samsung and Verizon are good at keeping secrets, but not that good. (The only time I've seen them be this good at not leaking anything was the Verizon version of SGSII, and we know how that turned out.)

I'm hoping we see an announcement from Google before Samsung's. Otherwise, I'm betting the big announcement on 10/11 will be about the 7.7 Tab and we'll be left fuming and ranting again.

P.S.: Why the frak does Samsung see the need to come out with all these sizes? What's so much better about a 7.7 than an 8.9? It's getting ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones