***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2011-12-15 17:55:59
  1. rpretzel

rpretzel Well-Known Member

This thread makes me tired. Up...down...left...right...go...stop. This can't be good for my health.

Advertisement
  2. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

So I have a idea lets all start calling every Verizon store within 5 miles (20 if you're in a rural area) to ask about the gnex. Maybe then news will trickle up to the head haunchos and we will get at least some info lol
  3. sox08

sox08 Well-Known Member

blood pressure meds will also be coming from the factory with the gnex. you'll see them when we see the first unboxing on video.
    rpretzel likes this.
  4. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Since the thread has died down I thought I would throw a little party in honor of......

My 100th thanks!!

[​IMG]

5. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Here's everything that you ever needed to know about the CPU in the Galaxy Nexus. (MS Paint, btw)

Attached Files:

6. Sushibagel

Died is right I was like wtf. Everyone must be heading home from work or having dinner or something.
  7. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

You have no idea the amount of work I accomplished today because of our thread being slow. It was a bit disheartening.
  8. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Didn't you get the invite? I think they all went out to get Sushi Bagels. I didn't go though. The thought of uncooked fish on a bagel makes me nauseous.
  9. Sushibagel

ROFL hey don't knock it until you've tried it. ;-)
  10. Sushibagel

Ya it's pretty sad the productivity of the people who follow this thing is gonna shoot through the roof as soon as this sucker releases.
  11. Sushibagel

Hey thats one more thing we should bitch and complain about Verizon for because they are ruining the productivity of the nerd community because they won't give us a release date.
  12. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

Does anyone else feel like each day is really two days and time is dragging on indefinitely while waiting for this? Ugh. I thought I was done with these wait-time mind games after the ThunderBolt...
  13. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

We have over 700k members, about 50 to 60k posting in about the last 10 days and we're constantly managing to things like attacks by non-Android corporate or community shills, warez kiddies trying to get the membership to download bad apps (the better to infect your phone with malware), spammers, and a constant flow of new phones needing forum setups and cross-links.

And a need to manage traffic flow with an average of 10 to 15k visitors at any given instant.

Yeah - it's a party, just not how you think. :) ;)

Like they told you - the action you care about is out here - like you, this is what we joined up for here, too.

The rest is just like doing laundry. :D
    BabyBlues likes this.
  14. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Nah. A month after it releases maybe. Those first weeks will be spent on the forums making sure we all know every trick there is.

Hey, this is the first time I'm included in a nerd community....i like it. :D
  15. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Haha, are you kidding me? We will all be too busy playing with our actual phones.
  16. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I've just relegated this device as rumor I've only seen samples in the wild and those are GSM. It will be out soon I can see the light it will be awesome and fun to look back on the madness within. Just think after release how much more we will have to experiment within this community!
  17. matt999000

matt999000 Well-Known Member

i like how when there is a new rumor for a launch date it is always in 2 weeks. so 2 more weeks people we can do this :) :) :p :p :p
  18. AntimonyER

That and taking bets on post counts when Steven puts an ambiguous post out there and sends us into a frenzy. :rolleyes:;)
  19. AntimonyER

If only the good looking girls in high school knew what you know ;)
    BabyBlues likes this.
  20. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Wow... you guys had a bad day in here!

My 2 cents: Come back in a week and a day. VZW won't officially say anything until after the RAZR launches. That is their baby. It was first on the leaked spec sheet comparison. The don't care about the Rezound... which is why it was #3. So, no announcement on Friday and probably nothing on Monday since they have to give the Rezound at least one day of love. But likely something official next Tuesday... about a web only release on 11/17 or 11/21.

Again... just my opinion... but it makes sense. Don't get so down... they can't say anything yet and kill any momentum that the RAZR has.
  21. burntorangefan

burntorangefan Well-Known Member

I cheated and touched the RAZR today. Best advice to all here is to not even attempt it. It took every amount of strength and resolve in my body to leave with my wallet intact. Can't wait to compare these phones. I hope and pray (okay, not really, I don't pray about phones) that this isn't actually web only because there's no way I do the GN over the RAZR if I can't at least compare the two in hand. FWIW...
    SmokeNMirrors and huskerkate like this.
  22. EarlyMon

Actually, that's out here.

Back in the lair, we keep working on refinements to Steven58 - we think it's a big improvement over Steven57 or even the Steven56 Beta 4 Mk II. :)

About 25k posts and no heuristic breakdowns! ;)
  23. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

You no good RAZR touching traitor! I hope that you at least washed your hands afterward!!! :p
  24. AntimonyER

Psh, Steven58? Can't you tell, all we want to know about is Stephen 59.2.5
  25. EarlyMon

November 27, web only.
    nj02vette, sjael and AntimonyER like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.