• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Midnight Release Party Thread***

Yeah, All the Central Texas Region stores are doing midnight releases with Dj roadshows and what not. When I worked there a few back, RGV and San Antonio District stores used to schedule Radio roadshows on Saturdays to promote sales. Thats what it seems like they're doing here. Lots in DFW area, Corpus Christi AND Victoria Texas.

Not all central Texas..... unfortuneatly. Bastards!!!!

Upvote 0
I went into Verizon today to help my brother out with a phone problem...and then started talking about the Droid X of course. The lady working said she expects there to be some sort of line. I asked if she though an hour early would be fine, and she said "yeah, i would think so..." ... but the lack of confidence in the answer scared me. I will now be driving past it at midnight (just because I will be up) only to see if people are there waiting...and if not, I am getting there at 6:30 AM...

Upvote 0
I just got back from my local Verizon store to get a home dock and there were already two people lined up! I pulled out my X and was like "glad I already got mine!" haha

I'm still thinking of going back out later around 11-11:30 when the line will be huge and talking to people maybe demo of my X...maybe... lol

Upvote 0
I just got back from my local Verizon store to get a home dock and there were already two people lined up! I pulled out my X and was like "glad I already got mine!" haha

I'm still thinking of going back out later around 11-11:30 when the line will be huge and talking to people maybe demo of my X...maybe... lol

You should charge $1 for a person to play with it for like 10 minutes.

Upvote 0
Check out the line so far at the midnight release party. waiting on Radiostation, News station, and bar-b-que. Rafle begins at 10! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20100714_203528.jpg
    IMG_20100714_203528.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 98
Upvote 0
This was taken around 10PM? It still daylight! Its pitch black here. haha

I'm still debating on whether or not I want to ride over and check it out the line so far. Probably wait closer to 11.

TX is in central time :) I cant get to mine until 11pm at the earliest if I can talk my brother into going that early. We were planning on getting there at 11:30 originally.

Upvote 0
You guys are crazy, I'm all about the X, but I'll be ordering 2 from the comfort off my bed in 20 minutes then going to bed. I'll have it tomorrow and didn't have to go anywhere at 6 p.m. to stand in line.. Does the 24 hours you'll have it before those who order online make that huge a difference?

Its not that, I go to work in the morning and I live 30minutes away and its a small town of only 60k people so the chances of a droid being here tomorrow are slim. There is only a Best Buy, Corporate Verizon store (where I'm at) and a walmart. The best buy only had enough to satisfy a handfull of pre-orders. The Walmart store only has 1!!! So this store is really the only store with 20+ Droids within a 150mile radius. Also I think its worth it cuz I won a sweet Droid X T-shirt and I have a chance to win another Blue Tooth Headset :D

By the time I get off work tomorrow at 6pm, I'm sure there won't be any more droids left in this town till next week :( So there...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones