• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Official PRL Thread

ShinySide

Extreme Android User
Jul 30, 2011
Palm Bay, Florida
Here is a list of the current PRL's from MetroPCS ranging from 3020 to the most current 3029. List will be updated after a new PRL is released by MetroPcs.

Your PRL can be update via your phone by dialing *228 and choosing option #5(preferred roaming list).

3020.prl
3022.prl
3023.prl
3024.prl
3025.prl
3026.prl
3027 prl
3028 prl
3029 prl
3030.prl
3031.prl
3032.prl
3033.prl

Update or Downgrade your PRL with Android Forums - View Profile: blaxican25 guide.
Update prl using QPST

Generate your SPC here:generate your spc for qpst or lgnpst here :)
https://www.box.com/s/90ea18d1d46f437c9fe9

https://www.box.com/s/08eb6cfe9b368e0345fc

Reactions: intrdrgn
For some reason everyone seems to have forgotten my poor old M835. I have had this phone only a few months, but have been rooted since the first week. This was my first Android and I happen to enjoy it's tiny size (even if I have sausages for fingers). I was given an Evo 4g and have since rooted, flashed MikG v.3.11, flashed chopsuey kernel and have it oc'd @1.19ghz. My M835 is on the stock rom due to it being my only phone. My prl is 3028, should I manually update to 3026, then flash AmonRa recovery. Also, is it fair to say Mate5 is fully functional? I downloaded the zipfile from the Androidforums thread pertaing to it. I can't afford to have any downtime in service since I use my phone for work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Btw, I'm typing this on my M835 using the metroweb and the android keyboard. Swype autocorrect sucks hard!

Lefty

Upvote 0
For some reason everyone seems to have forgotten my poor old M835. I have had this phone only a few months, but have been rooted since the first week. This was my first Android and I happen to enjoy it's tiny size (even if I have sausages for fingers). I was given an Evo 4g and have since rooted, flashed MikG v.3.11, flashed chopsuey kernel and have it oc'd @1.19ghz. My M835 is on the stock rom due to it being my only phone. My prl is 3028, should I manually update to 3026, then flash AmonRa recovery. Also, is it fair to say Mate5 is fully functional? I downloaded the zipfile from the Androidforums thread pertaing to it. I can't afford to have any downtime in service since I use my phone for work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Btw, I'm typing this on my M835 using the metroweb and the android keyboard. Swype autocorrect sucks hard!

Lefty

If you have PRL 3028 now, you would be downgrading to PRL 3026, if it were possible to go back a PRL or two.

I recommend getting new PRL's via *228 as the first PRL that was pushed to the phone, during the OTA process, slowed it down considerably and had no idea what was going on until after it rebooted.

Upvote 0
@Lefty: I can vouch for the functionality of Mate35. The M835 is my first smartphone and I've had it for about a month, give or take. I rooted it after the first few days of frustration with it's MetroPCS bloatware and choppy performance. Mate35 makes some behind-the-curtain tweaks that improve performance, enables tethering (useless on Metro's network without PDANet or another app capable of hiding tether usage but still cool to have), and comes with native apps2sd for when your internal phone storage starts to run low. Wifi, data, Bluetooth, and Google Play are all fully functional. I tried a Cyanogen 7 port for the M835; WiFi didn't work and the performance was absolutely horrible. Mate35 FTW!

Reactions: Lefty790420
Upvote 0
I am aware that I would actually be downgrading, I'm wondering if I purchased the phone with a bad prl. This thread hasn't been posted lately. I am inquiring about updated prl's. I have a slow Metro phone and want it flashed asap. Any response without "check xda forums", would greatly appreciate the help. Tokenpoke, shinyside, p.g.?

Upvote 0
I am aware that I would actually be downgrading, I'm wondering if I purchased the phone with a bad prl. This thread hasn't been posted lately. I am inquiring about updated prl's. I have a slow Metro phone and want it flashed asap. Any response without "check xda forums", would greatly appreciate the help. Tokenpoke, shinyside, p.g.?

I noticed a thread on another online forum where it was said that metroPCS is no longer flashing phones. I do not know official that information is though.

Upvote 0
I have to admit, finally giving in, Mate5 is up and running rather stably. Everything is fully functional. Quite a bit faster than stock, while not oc'd yet. I also used #228, but got frustrated with the automated service, luckily the local Metro store did it for me. If your honest, and aren't worried about warranty on a $50 phone. I read someone's tag and I am a firm believer; "If you can't open it, you don't own it." It only has a one year warranty to begin with. Big thank you to Playful God, Tokenpoke, Ocnbrz, definitely couldn't have done any of this without you guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones