1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

PRL Thread (Current 3035) Please Post New Ones Here When AvailableSupport

1. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Flash it... :p
  2. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

So I haven't been keeping up much with the metro/t-mobile merger, but been very concerned.

Today I went to a Metro store to check out the S4, but only because I thought my S3 & Spirit weren't going to work on t-mobile network.

When I told the employees my concern, they said I was completely wrong and that all of metro's 4G phones will work on t-mobile network.

They then said that I was already on t-mobile network which I disputed because I always averaged 5mbs down and it was no different. So they said all I had to do was update my PRL.

Guess what... They were right. As soon as I updated, my speeds jumped to 9+ mbs down which I never got before.

So update to PRL 3035 and you'll be good to go on t-mobile network.
  3. AGLtech

AGLtech Well-Known Member

I've actually been getting worse speeds since the merge. Most of us in Florida are getting crap upload speeds. Read this.
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=725884

And yes I have had 3035 for weeks.
  4. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

5. Gman9831

3035 won't get you on T-Mobiles network its just the PRL that's getting us prepared for the spectrum combine
  6. AGLtech

That's exactly right. We should have a new PRL in a few months but I can't live with these low upload speeds for too long.

Attached Files:

7. Gman9831

They're just tweaking stuff for whenever they're ready to finally combine
  8. GameTheory

That's what I thought, but the metro employee at corporate store told me that updating my prl would switch me over which made me skeptical (I thought it was a lie).

I'm thinking maybe they did the merger in my area cuz they swear by it that this area is on t-mobile network and I don't doubt it since my speeds doubled+ and others are reporting the same.

I'm in NJ, in a t-mobile and metro home area if that means anything.
  9. Gman9831

Lmao well I would say the combine is 75% complete which why some are seeing slower or faster but we're not technically on the same network yet
  10. AGLtech

I work in Hackensack and Newark a lot. I live in Florida right now and my speeds are waaaay better up north in Jersey
  11. GameTheory

The top 2 tests were done after the prl update and the 3rd one was done right before the update during peak hours.

I'll do more tests later during off peak hours to see if I get any higher speeds.

I'm loving it. :D

[​IMG]
  12. AGLtech

Wow!!! I am seriously jealous
  13. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Thats because T-Mobile is not in your area yet. In my area, I am now getting 9MB/s speeds after updating to 3035. I posted a pic in one of the PRL threads not too long ago.
    AGLtech likes this.
  14. viperdink

viperdink Well-Known Member

sammyz likes this.
  15. AGLtech

Everybody around here has T-Mobile for a looooong time. Actually, I worked for T-Mobile in the mall before I ever worked for Metro so I dont know what you mean by "not in my area yet" ... are you talking about HSPA+?
  16. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Talking about the updated LTE frequency :p
    AGLtech likes this.
  17. Gman9831

Only place with combined spectrum which is the final part of the LTE network merger is Las Vegas
  18. jdub714

jdub714 Member

You guys need this?

prl 3035

How does you install this Prl file? I have a S3. I tried flashing it in CWM but it didn't work.
  19. jdub714

jdub714 Member

How can I install the 2035 prl? I tried flashing it but it didn't work.
  20. jdub714

jdub714 Member

How do you install the 3035 prl file? I tried flashing it on CWM but it didn't work. I also dialed *228 but it didn't officially update it. I'm still on 2034.
  21. jdub714

jdub714 Member

22. GameTheory

3035 is for other phones and 2035 is for the S3.

My spirit on 3035 has the same speeds as my S3 on 2035. I don't see any difference.
    jdub714 likes this.
  23. viperdink

viperdink Well-Known Member

Does anyone have PRL 3034? I forgot to copy it when it was on my spirit. Metro updated before I thouught of it.:) :)
  24. jdub714

jdub714 Member

I understand now. Thank you for answering my newb question lol!