• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Officially Why I hate the EVO...

I hate my Evo cause now i have 6 computers and 2 laptops that are simply collecting dust at home from no use...

I hate my Evo because my laptop battery doesn't last as long as my Evo. I hate my Evo because I now I want to swype when I use a real keyboard. I hate my Evo because I even though I barely understand what root means.......I want to do it!

Upvote 0
I hate the EVO because I cheated on my ex (TP2).

I hate the EVO because I havent put any time into my microbiology class/test, Im going to FAIL.

I hate the EVO because my c0-workers notice Im on it 24/7, and probaby cause me to lose my job.

I hate my EVO Im always on the android market.

I hate my EVO because its a never ending in customization.

I hate the EVO since Im always on Ebay looking for "things" for it.

I hate the EVO becuase my boyfriends hates me cuz I look at my EVO more than him!

I just hate hate hate hate this DARN thing. I have no life because of the EVO!!!!

-The EVO Life ;)

Upvote 0
I hate my Evo because it's the first phone that has ever had me consider rooting...

I hate my Evo because two of my co-workers who got Droid's about 6 months before I did call me a nerd because I know more about Android than they do now...

I hate my Evo because I am constantly wanting more...

I hate my Evo because I'm not sure where the last 4 months have gone...

I hate my Evo because it has my family considering Rehab... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I hate..hate...my Evo because

It knows more about me than my wife (my life is in there)

I find myself changing the UI as much as I change my underwear (daily)

I forget that I changed the UI (getting old LOL now where'd I put that app shortcut?)

It knows where I am all the time (it's always with me and with GPS thats dangerous)

The word "Apple" invokes a negative response (and I don't know why; I don't have anything against apple)

People irritate me when they have one and don't begin to explore it's potential (it's their PHONE)

Upvote 0
The rooting is the fun part... I'm stuck with this Hero for another few days until I get the Evo. But I'll tell you this, if the Hero didn't have a great rooting community I'd be so done with this phone it wouldn't even be funny. Rooting and flashing ROMs, performing tweaks is pretty fun for devices like the Hero/Evo... I really cannot wait to snag one.

Side question- Does anyone "Hate" video chatting on the Evo? what is it like? I have a few family members/friends that I have a front facing camera devices so I'd like to know what the experience is like.

haha, or so you HOPE. I'm guessing you'll be heading to a retail outlet on October 1st when your upgrade is available? I am in the same boat. I just hope BB HAS some available.

On the flip side, have you seen the "Free Phone Fridays" that they are starting on October 1st through all of October? Can you imagine picking one up on October 1st and at some point in the month, BB offering the Evo for free? HOLY HELL, $199 back in my pocket, right next to my EVO.....yes please.

Upvote 0
Just_Cuz_06.gif

Upvote 0
haha, or so you HOPE. I'm guessing you'll be heading to a retail outlet on October 1st when your upgrade is available? I am in the same boat. I just hope BB HAS some available.

On the flip side, have you seen the "Free Phone Fridays" that they are starting on October 1st through all of October? Can you imagine picking one up on October 1st and at some point in the month, BB offering the Evo for free? HOLY HELL, $199 back in my pocket, right next to my EVO.....yes please.

I saw that little advertisement too! LOL, I think they're doing it for the HTC Aria and some other device initially. It would be a DREAM if they were to do the same for the Evo, doubt it though. These things fly off the shelf with the $200 price tag, if they were free... riots would break out.

So far I called BB and Radioshack, they both don't have it in stock. Though I called Sprint and they did say that they have some in stock. Really not trying to pay the extra 100 bucks. Will you be picking it up where ever its in stock, or will you be waiting on your BB to have one tomorrow?

Upvote 0
OMG I WISH! I just went and searched this, and according to tmonews.com "Kicking this off Best Buy is offering the Samsung Fascinate for Verizon, Blackberry Curve for Sprint, the HTC Aria for AT&T and for our beloved T-Mobile, the Gravity 3"

I wonder if they will run the Evo? I bet the final weekend will be the big hitters- DX, iPhone, Evo, and something t-mobile :p

Upvote 0
...Side question- Does anyone "Hate" video chatting on the Evo? what is it like? I have a few family members/friends that I have a front facing camera devices so I'd like to know what the experience is like.

Front-facing camera??

Is that why everybody complains that they see the sidewalk moving down the screen on their end when we're video chatting? That explains a lot of things.

Upvote 0
Front-facing camera??

Is that why everybody complains that they see the sidewalk moving down the screen on their end when we're video chatting? That explains a lot of things.

LOL, guess you just bought the phone and didn't have a clue as to what type of features you had :)

OMG I WISH! I just went and searched this, and according to tmonews.com "Kicking this off Best Buy is offering the Samsung Fascinate for Verizon, Blackberry Curve for Sprint, the HTC Aria for AT&T and for our beloved T-Mobile, the Gravity 3"

I wonder if they will run the Evo? I bet the final weekend will be the big hitters- DX, iPhone, Evo, and something t-mobile :p

If thats the case I'll just return my Evo before the 30 days, and get a new one for free, lol

Upvote 0
I saw that little advertisement too! LOL, I think they're doing it for the HTC Aria and some other device initially. It would be a DREAM if they were to do the same for the Evo, doubt it though. These things fly off the shelf with the $200 price tag, if they were free... riots would break out.

So far I called BB and Radioshack, they both don't have it in stock. Though I called Sprint and they did say that they have some in stock. Really not trying to pay the extra 100 bucks. Will you be picking it up where ever its in stock, or will you be waiting on your BB to have one tomorrow?

FYI on this, I spoke to someone at BB and they said that within the rules of the promo, they cannot price match a previous purchase.

Something tells me, the Evo won't make an appearance in the promo. They just don't have the stock to promo. I called 3 BBs today. 1 had 2 EVOs at Noon, both gone by the time I could have gotten there. Sprint had 6, but again, don't want to shell out the extra 100bucks. I actually called Sprint this morning and asked them if they could move my eligibility by a day so in case I actually found one, I could purchase it. They were kind enough to do so and I did actually find one at a RadioShack. Picked it up for 199. Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. As soon as I take care of a few things, I'll start playing around.

I dont' want to get too involved until I decide if I'm going to ROM it. Rooting is a definite, but mostly to get rid of crap and allow for wireless tethering.

Anyway, I suppose I'll be lurking around this section of the forum now :)

Upvote 0
This thread is so false. this isnt about any real flaws about the EVO.. It seams to me, some people are intentionally being ignorant.

I love my phone, but its flaws are:

Power button is the only way to turn screen on. Why not use the Volume keys is beyond me....

Battery life.... I cant say that battery life is good, because Ive never been able to get an accurate reading since Im always using my EVO (whos fault is that?)

Finally, a real flaw I see is WIFI connectivity. I mean it just SUCKS. My old blackberry 8900 could connect to my router from a block away... The Evo looses the data signal when iM downstairs in the kitchen.

Upvote 0
This thread is so false. this isnt about any real flaws about the EVO.. It seams to me, some people are intentionally being ignorant.

I love my phone, but its flaws are:

Power button is the only way to turn screen on. Why not use the Volume keys is beyond me....

Battery life.... I cant say that battery life is good, because Ive never been able to get an accurate reading since Im always using my EVO (whos fault is that?)

Finally, a real flaw I see is WIFI connectivity. I mean it just SUCKS. My old blackberry 8900 could connect to my router from a block away... The Evo looses the data signal when iM downstairs in the kitchen.

Oh my.... Someone please help this poor soul....

Reactions: msvnlu
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones