• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ok ok so i was wrong!

OK, who told me not to get the nexus one and get the desire instead? You? well you were right.................

I ordered my nexus one a few weeks ago now, had it delivered in only 3 days to the uk (impressed) and 9 days later it was sent back!..........

I just did'nt get on with it, the software buttons at the bottom of the screen were an unbelievable pain, how could something be released with such poor software buttons? you had to hit the key just right to get it to work, when you pay that much for a phone that is just not on. The trackball cheapened the phone and the voice commands were a waste of time, i have a geordie accent, "a posh one like pet, not a strong un" but it did'nt understand one word, got my "proper" (read posh) wife to have a go and it still got most of it wrong.

so retuned it to HTC and must admit got a refund quickly, even when i got a VAT bill from DHL it was easily and quickly sorted (a email with a copy of the refund was all DHL needed to cancel the VAT).

So.....................and this is where you all laugh (even louder) i ordered a Blackberry 9700. Yes it's nice, yes it does email.......emmmm it does email.........emm and it looks nice..........thats it.

So i have tonight ordered a HTC Desire for delivery Saturday......

Now can i come back in please? sorry for being a silly boy. LOL ;)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones