• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ok...so ive got a very specific problem here...

WeThePeople

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
I'm living here in bham, al and I'm trying to stream the Alabama game from espn3 as opposed to paying the overpriced $40 ppv charge but the prob is, interestingly enough, its blacked out in Alabama and san Jose espn3 markets. So my question is; is there any way I can make my phone browser "think" that its using a non-blacked out market tower or like server so that my phone is able to stream the game through via espn3 as though I'm not in blacked out market area?

So WiFi wouldn't be location sensitive as far as the espn3 blackout areas are concerned?

as far as i know, the wifi is connected to your IP address which is location specific...I subscribe to mlb's baseball broadcasts and they black you out based on the zip code attatched to your IP...and my laptop is connected via my wifi connection...

so..thinks this may not work...but as stated, why not at least try it...?

shanty

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones