• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Okay I can't take it...

Oh, and you somehow reversed your first pic- all the letters are backwards :p

But, yeah, you had one of the Launch DROIDs before with the bubble keys...

oh that wasn't intentional. It's because we were trying to take a picture of them both with my eris and it wasn't working so he took it with the webcam :p

Smart....

well which do you have & when did you get yours?

Upvote 0
OKAY this took forever!!!!

I just want to say thank you to John for pretty much holding my hand and giving me step by step tutorials(told u i made things hard) and say thank you to gonzo(idk your real name) for giving me the link to that pete guys thingie :)

I am officially rooted!!!

It really isn't that hard...after all has been said and done

Upvote 0
OKAY this took forever!!!!

I just want to say thank you to John for pretty much holding my hand and giving me step by step tutorials(told u i made things hard) and say thank you to gonzo(idk your real name) for giving me the link to that pete guys thingie :)

I am officially rooted!!!

It really isn't that hard...after all has been said and done
pete's rom's are the way to go :)

Upvote 0
Well this may have just pushed me over the edge to root. Heck, if a chick can do it anyone can. :p Just kidding, rooting has really confused me. Maybe tomorrow after a couple of beers to make it seem really easy. :D I know that no one has bricked their Droid, but I will not put that past me, I like being first for alot of things.

Upvote 0
Well this may have just pushed me over the edge to root. Heck, if a chick can do it anyone can. :p Just kidding, rooting has really confused me. Maybe tomorrow after a couple of beers to make it seem really easy. :D I know that no one has bricked their Droid, but I well not put that past me, I like being first for alot of things.

lol hey mr. sexist :) JK
truthfully after John was a sweetheart and was msn with me for like 3 hours when he could've been sleeping, helped me do it

to be honest it was a lot easier to do than i thought

although i remember none of what i did but the process isn't as complicated as i thought

and the rooting is easy, it's just the things you do after your phone is rooted that im confused about

the only thing i don't like is that i have to press my sleep button a few times before it awakes....

Upvote 0
I know, right!? I thought I was going to have to take my earrings off. Arsonman, don't make me show you the Diary of an Angry Black Woman. :mad:

People say that my Droid has a face that only a mother could love... I guess I am the maternal type?

lol@this
and this thing is soooo hideous but my beautiful eris is slow....

i hate choosing between my children :)

Upvote 0
I wouldn't root since 2.1 update is coming pretty soon, prob this month. You'll have plenty of homescreens and honestly do you really need to do anything rooting would require?

SetCPU is the only reason you need. Bumps your clock speed when you need it and dumbs it down low when you don't. Translation: Super smooth scrolling, extremely fast webpage rendering, smooth video and extra long battery life when sitting idle. Really its a win win.

Wow this thread has gotten out of hand heh.

Good looking girls do that to a forum I guess :)

Anyways don't feel pressure to root, enjoy your droid, it's a fatastic device even just stock.

All these yahoos pressuring people to root wont be there if something were to go wrong. So, take your time and decide for yourself if you want to root someday down the road. Only you are responsible for your phone. (Also, forest fires).

Pretty sure no one was pressuring anyone to do anything. There are benefits to rooting but of course if you're not comfortable then do not do it. Pretty easy.

btw, good looking girls on forums = subjective angles and lonely guys ;)

Reactions: bob2300
Upvote 0
SetCPU is the only reason you need. Bumps your clock speed when you need it and dumbs it down low when you don't. Translation: Super smooth scrolling, extremely fast webpage rendering, smooth video and extra long battery life when sitting idle. Really its a win win.

Pretty sure no one was pressuring anyone to do anything. There are benefits to rooting but of course if you're not comfortable then do not do it. Pretty easy.

btw, good looking girls on forums = subjective angles and lonely guys ;)

This guy is a genius (serious).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones