• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OMG the HTC Sense Lock Screen!

peakcomp

Oct 20, 2010
New Droid owner, user...I am beginning to HATE the swipe to unlock screen!

It locks the phone when I am on a phone call, so I have to unlock the phone when I am expecting to find an END button...making it hard to hang up the phone DAILY.

I find myself SWIPING to unlock all day 100's of times...and it is getting annoying..

Is there any way I can disable the swipe to unlock...and just have it like my old Blackberry was...the LOCK button locks and unlocks the phone..thats it!?

I have found numerous apps that disable to the Lock Screen but it leaves the volume buttons able to open the phone, so my pocket could wake it up...

any ideas, please help.

Ken

New Droid owner, user...I am beginning to HATE the swipe to unlock screen!

It locks the phone when I am on a phone call, so I have to unlock the phone when I am expecting to find an END button...making it hard to hang up the phone DAILY.

I find myself SWIPING to unlock all day 100's of times...and it is getting annoying..

Is there any way I can disable the swipe to unlock...and just have it like my old Blackberry was...the LOCK button locks and unlocks the phone..thats it!?

I have found numerous apps that disable to the Lock Screen but it leaves the volume buttons able to open the phone, so my pocket could wake it up...

any ideas, please help.

Ken

Root, flash CM 6.1 You can wake via trackpad and unlock on wake.

Reactions: peakcomp
Upvote 0
I also agree that the phone should not lock during a call but it does require the slide up/down to decline or answer.

No Lock causes problems with the alarms so I would not suggest that either.

However, I have found a program in the market called Easy Answer button that bypasses the lock screen to answer the call. It gives you a similar screen to what you get stock when the phone is not locked and gets a call

Upvote 0
I don't remember my phone ever behaving this way, either.

But for several months I've been using WidgetLocker as a replacement lockscreen. It's not free, but a $2 one-time fee seems more than reasonable to me (and to give you some perspective, less than a year ago the idea of paying for any app seemed ridiculous to me).

It's very customizable and the developer is very responsive. Check out this thread right here on AF for more info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones