• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help On 4th Droid Incredbile - Have you had any luck getting a different phone as a replacement?

razorwyre

Lurker
Apr 25, 2010
Verizon is shipping me my fourth Droid Incredible over the weekend. My first DInc had the external speaker go bad, you could not understand anyone on speaker phone or the navigation voice. My replacement arrived and it immediately had a problem. Apparently the optical joystick had a bug, because the phone would randomly fly around and highlight things. It made it impossible to use the phone for texting, selecting contacts, e-mails etc. My replacement for that phone arrived last night, and I quickly realized that the microphone was broke and no one could understand what I way saying. I am pretty much fed up with the DInc and went to a Verizon retail location to see if I could get a different phone as a replacement. They pretty much told me it was impossible to do, and ordered me my 4th DInc "LIKE NEW" replacement.

Have you had any luck replacing your DInc with another phone, like the Droid 2 or Droid X? Maybe only CSRs on the phone line will do this?

I have no idea if the store CSR's can do it, but it was my understanding that Verizon's policy is that after the 3 replacement you can get different phone (that is of equal or lesser value).

I know people on this forum have reported doing it but I only know 1 person in real life who was able to do it. Or course, I only know 1 person who even had to try... but they were able to get a different phone after 3 replacements.

Upvote 0
My first one had a blown speaker, the replacement had a problem with 3G and the next replacement, phone #3, had the same 3G problem right out of the box. When I called about the 3G problem with phone #3 the CSR offered me a Droid X as a replacement. I turned it down since I wanted to stay with the Incredible.

Phone #4 arrived and all is good but I guess I could have got a Droid X as a replacement for phone #3 if I had wanted.

Upvote 0
I just got my replacement for my original (release date pre-order) that had the camera stop being able to focus.

The replacement has an issue where the touch screen activates whatever is in the lower right hand corner at random. (i.e, on main home screen it keeps hitting "+" and going to the Add to Home menu, and it does it on other screens as well)

Vzw is sending me phone #3 now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones