• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

On-demand sync Gmail and Calendar

IJG

Lurker
Nov 6, 2012
Hi!

I would like to auto sync the gmail and calendar apps, only when they start.
I am having a Galaxy SII (use the Gmail app and the Samsung Calendar app sync with goog), and I am relatively noob about Android.
I don't wan to receive constantly my e-mails, it would drive my crazy if my phone would notifie me every 10 minutes.

I used to have an old iPhone, it did only sync mails and calendar when I started those apps. But it did sync when I started them.
Now I have to click on the sync button in gmail. When I read 15 mail on my mobile phone and after that I forget to tap the sync botton, it will still mark these mails as unread on my PC.

My bigger problem is the Samsung Calendar. I will not sync, when I enable the sync function of my phone on the up-right corner either. It would only sync when inside the app I tap on the sync button. My old mobile phone did sync when I started the app. It did download all my new appointments. And what the most important is, when I made a new appointment on my old mobile phone, it did automatically upload it to the cloud. Now, when I forget to tap the sync botton it will not.

So, is there a way to auto sync the gmail and calendar apps, only when they start?

Thanks a lot in advance!​

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones