• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One big thing that the S4 has over the Note 2

I think the OP is referring to this. I'm pretty sure you all have it.
Disable and re-enable your GPS.

Screenshot_2013-05-31-16-04-30_zps1ddd4055.png

Upvote 0
Verizon has this disclaimer on Note 2. I actually thought it was common with all Note 2 carriers, as a part of Android 4.x where 3rd party can't write a widget to toggle GPS anymore because it needs an extra user input/confirmation?

On a related topic, I just received a review sample of S4 from Verizon (for 2 weeks only), and planning to make a review from Note 2 perspective for those who are planning to jump the ship.

Only played with it for a few minutes, and already addicted to scrolling webpages using only my eyes ;) Can't wait to explore air-view! Oh, and wireless charging contacts are brought back up externally!!! No need to drill your phone like it is with VZW N2...

Upvote 0
Only played with it for a few minutes, and already addicted to scrolling webpages using only my eyes ;)

I kept hearing people who tested out the S4 about this feature. It just sounded really creepy to me! :laugh: The other I heard is that when you look away, the movie playing will pause.

Actually I wish my laptop will have these features since 99% of the time when I am browsing the web or watching a movie, it is on my laptop.

Upvote 0
Well here is my personal opinion about that debate that will never end.

Electronics manufacturer are not stupid and for the sake of marketing issues they already having planes for the next maybe 3 years or even more who knows, so once any smart phone of any brand come to the market they already know what is the good and what is the bad about it and what is the next replacement will be, they always point to the new features that they knew earlier it was missing in the previous device to make out of it and deep in mind and its part of the game they keep hide some other features for the next device, also for marketing strategy and to make money of people.

Well indeed the S4 got fantastic features but so do the note 2 and the question that you should ask your self before you make the move to any thing else apart from what's in your hand, is weather you will really use or need all that?

Smart phones out there are full of features, but do we really use everything? do we really need every and each new feature coming out? BIG DOUBT.

Well the hover issue was nice on note 2 its a cool feature but do I really frequently use it? not really and maybe many other features we just miss everyday though they are there.

My point is it really worth that I sell my old one just for the sake of a new one or 2 or even cupule more new features? it will be waste of money simply I have spent almost $800 for a phone and the min I see the new one I jump sell it and for sure with loss to get another one that I will still miss or not use all of it so what is the point.

Guess everyone should think twice what they want or what they do with their phones and what they really need out of it before making a move.

To be frank, I love the Spen especially when am on the walk or in a meeting and like to write notes or to remind myself with any thing, I just pull it out and holla the note pop out without even unlocking the screen and I just type and place it back and HALLA its saved....

Well regarding the screen quality that some saying S4 is superior, well it might be, but have any of you tried to get an HD movie and watch it on note 2? its just super high quality.

Manufacturer they want to drain our pockets and they know how to, on the other hand everyone to ask themselves do we really need the new features or simply its just a propaganda?

To be honest I don't know what is the need of scrolling the pages with eyes, unless am disable and don't have hands, Goodness where are they taking us to...... :rolleyes:

Well I spent lot of money on my note 2 so am using it as much as max and it do everything I want so am even not sure how note 3 or 4 will be to make me make another shift... Seriously :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones