• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One Click Root for Magic / Dream / Pretty Much Everything

It said it rooted my X10 but It will not let me install Titanium Backup, it says not root access, Not sure if this is because it is not rooted fully or just partially, If anyone has any suggestions on a fix please let me know.
Thanks

I had the same problem with titanium backup on my x10 when routed with this method. What I did was to click on the middle button on the bottom of the screen (not sure what it said) and the app reinstalled bussybox. It worked fine after that.

gbd

Reactions: Recc113
Upvote 0
I had the same problem with titanium backup on my x10 when routed with this method. What I did was to click on the middle button on the bottom of the screen (not sure what it said) and the app reinstalled bussybox. It worked fine after that.

gbd

EDIT

Didn't read the whole screen. K... I'll have to sleep on it.

[update] got the dream running 2.1 after many hours of messing around with it

@BigDog I couldnt flash the spl from fastboot so I flashed amon ra 1.6.2R which let me boot in recovery, flashed the spl then flashed amon ra 1.7.0R and continued on like that and it worked
Thanks to the two of you, without you I wouldn't of managed to fix the phone.

-Adam

Upvote 0
So, question, with this Universal Androot, I found this...

[GUIDE] Universal AndRoot - 1-click root (works on MyTouch 3G 1.2) - xda-developers

For us Rogers Magic people (post-911), is it really that straightforward now? Software that deals with the recovery and ROM install for you? I wasn't planning on doing the root/CM thing and waiting for the Rogers 2.1 because I like Sense. But would a Magic update be as simple as...

NOTE to the Over-Eager: Don't do this, I'm asking if this would work, NOT announcing that it does.

1. Install Universal Androot
2. Root
3. Install ROM Manager
4. use ROM Manager to flash Amon RA Hero recovery
5. Install CM

And where does the whole issue of SPL and radio version slide into this method? I keep seeing on other forums guys bricking their magic...but they're always installing the Magic recovery that comes with ROM Manager instead of a Hero recovery, so that's why that keeps bricking. But if you get the Hero part right, what's next?

Upvote 0
So, question, with this Universal Androot, I found this...

[GUIDE] Universal AndRoot - 1-click root (works on MyTouch 3G 1.2) - xda-developers

For us Rogers Magic people (post-911), is it really that straightforward now? Software that deals with the recovery and ROM install for you? I wasn't planning on doing the root/CM thing and waiting for the Rogers 2.1 because I like Sense. But would a Magic update be as simple as...

NOTE to the Over-Eager: Don't do this, I'm asking if this would work, NOT announcing that it does.

1. Install Universal Androot
2. Root
3. Install ROM Manager
4. use ROM Manager to flash Amon RA Hero recovery
5. Install CM

And where does the whole issue of SPL and radio version slide into this method? I keep seeing on other forums guys bricking their magic...but they're always installing the Magic recovery that comes with ROM Manager instead of a Hero recovery, so that's why that keeps bricking. But if you get the Hero part right, what's next?

it's supposed to be that easy... but that way didn't work for me.
my recovery mode was stuck in bootloop, and i still had the rogers splash on startup.

your magic isn't bricked as long as you can get into fastboot mode, 'cause you can only install the RUU if you're in fastboot, or on the OS, not in any of the splash screens, or recovery mode... at least that's what i found.

really, just root the phone the old fashioned way...
check out great big dog's rooting procedure, it's pretty slick.

Upvote 0

@BigDog I couldnt flash the spl from fastboot so I flashed amon ra 1.6.2R which let me boot in recovery, flashed the spl then flashed amon ra 1.7.0R and continued on like that and it worked

-Adam

I have the same issue as you did, could you shed some light on what you ended up having to do? (also PMed Recc113)

Upvote 0

-Adam

I know this is an old thread, but this one single post helped me out when I was stuck. I flashed a different img when the "***v1.7.0R-cyan" one wasn't flashing and I finally was able to get to recovery and finish the "post911 rogers dream" guide and now have cyanogen 6.1 on my phone. So, thanks Recc113!!! Couldn't find anyone else with the same problem as me, till I found this thread.

p.s. I flashed the reg recovery-RA-dream-v1.7.0R.img (i.e. no '-cyan')

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones