• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oops on first post...but got friendly help from Steven58

DaveBowman

Lurker
Aug 27, 2010
:rolleyes:Howdy All,

Thanks to Steven58 for moving my 1st question to the right place...clearly I'm a newbie here. I am a long-time (really long!) developer who is now coming up to speed on Android. I write mainly in C but am having fun learning Java, C#, Objective C, Symbian C++ and many other wonders of the smartphone world. I work from home and enjoy taking my miniature pinscher for walks. She especially likes to go "frogging" when a frog or two gets in our swimming pool. When she spots one, she barks and cries and runs back and forth like a little kid on Christmas morning. Just the thought of going out to check for froggies has her spinning in circles before we go out to check. Have to drag her away...

Those of you who go way back may recognize my stage name of DaveBowman as being that of the astronaut in 2001: A Space Odyssey who takes the cosmic journey at the end...clearly science fiction is one of my interests.

Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to adding as well as taking away good info as I come up to speed on Android.

DaveBowman

ha! I just got that! I saw 2001 when it first came out. It was so scary to me at the time and I didn't understand it (I was a kid. 9 years old). I still don't understand it.

Oddly enough, 2001 came and the worst thing that happened was 9/11, not some alien obelisk. Sad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones