• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Opinion on Kid tracking apps

Another problem, this would be another step forward into our ever increasing surveillance society. Doesn't it bother anyone but me that we are constantly being watched? Purchases tracked and stored in some huge database, building personality profiles based on our purchases, activities, etc? I mean, seriously, why do you just go get your kids GPS chipped and be done with it.

Privacy is definitely disappearing, but hiding in obscurity has always required living within a sub-culture. People within the mainstream of society, have never had much privacy. The biggest difference is not in being observed, but in being recorded. I'm not saying it doesn't concern me, but as fast as technology has exploded, people have barely been able to ponder the implications of the last gadget, before the next gadget is on store shelves. the change occurs exponentially. Neither our minds nor our laws can keep up with it.

How can you compare them having a phone with monitoring as needed, with a surgically installed microchip? I would never condone or do that. I could imagine some doing it though.

Upvote 0
How can you compare them having a phone with monitoring as needed, with a surgically installed microchip? I would never condone or do that. I could imagine some doing it though.

If I lived in Mexico, or had to take my family down there for any reason, I would absolutely DO IT.

Of course, chances are I would actually need that if we lived in Mexico, with their kidnapping problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones