• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root optimus m keeps restarting.

hello im hoping i can get some help here. my optimus m was bout just a week ago and it keeps restarting during web usage and text messaging.
it also locks up from time to time. is there anyone who can tell me how to fix.
also, i was wondering if after i root my optimus m would it allow me to send videos via text and will it allow me to download a flash player

if anyone has answers please help

Random restarts and freezing is usually sign of an internal issue. Seems this line has more than a few bad berries in the bunch. Best bet is to see if you can get an exchange at the store you got it from or a corporate store.

Rooting will not affect your MMS capabilities. If you mean bypass the 600k limit to send larger videos, no it will not. Flash cannot be installed on our phones without frying them. It's a hardware limitation with no (safe) way to bypass it.

Upvote 0
I thought the flash problem was adobe intentionally not supporting the cpu, You could ramp up the cpu to 1ghz and still not get flash too work as flash see's the cpu id and wont play.
Well our CPU being an ARM6 is technically a "hardware limitation". If you dig a little deeper, people have gotten it to run and decently, but the outcome for the phone is usually permanent damage.

Upvote 0
Mainly disable or delete the MetroPCS bloatware. Some of their apps run regardless of what you do and just drain your battery all day long. Disabling Metro WiFi alone helped me go from a ~6 hour battery to a 15 hour battery. My Extras is just annoying. Other apps you'll probably have no use for or bypass because of android equivalents or better options available in the market. Some apps require a rooted phone to function. If you're bold enough, you can even overclock your phone.

Upvote 0
Crashing and spontaneous restarting on the LG Optimus M can be the result of moving a MicroSD memory card from another phone into the Optimus. You must format the memory card using the phone to correct this problem.

I agree that it should not make a difference but it does.

Solution:
remove the MicroSD from your Optimus
put the MicroSD into an SD carrier and copy the contents to your PC
reinstall the MicroSD into your Optimus and go
Home
Menu
Settings
SD Card & phone storage...
Unmount SD card
Format SD card (everything will be erased so make certain you copied everything onto your PC first)

Remove MicroSD and put the MicroSD into an SD carrier
Copy the information you saved before back onto the memory card
reinstall the MicroSD into your Optimus

voila

Reactions: jabbawest
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones