• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange rom replacement question

It's possible, but only if your existing ROM allows a replacement recovery image to be flashed to the handset so that you can use an update.zip file available here. You can't interchange different carrier versions i.e. Orange and generic using the official RUU executables as they're dependant on device serial numbers.

Hi, thanks! And how can I know if my current ROM allows this. I should try this step first or?

Upvote 0
And how can I know if my current ROM allows this. I should try this step first or?

Try replacing the recovery image (as detailed here). If it works then you're good to go with one of the stock 2.73.405.xx update.zip files. If you get an error message during the procedure then it's failed but your handset won't be affected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones