• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ordered Droid X from Amazon, Stuck on "Setup Accounts" screen?

killerwave

Lurker
Jan 30, 2014
Just ordered a Droid X from amazon a few days ago, because my iphone broke. I can't seem to get past the "Setup Accounts" page (with options to add your email, flickr, facebook, etc) in the initial activation. I tried a lot of different things, like doing hard resets, attempting to crash the activation app, pressing all the buttons repetitiously, and whatever I can to somehow bypass the "Setup Accounts" screen, but I can't seem to get pass it.

Anybody have any suggestions on anything I can do??

Phone is activated on verizon?
Will it let you add a email account?
May need to reflash firmware
If using verizon download 621 sbf and rsd lite
If other carrier use ezSBF 621
Links in my list
sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for: Droid X (MB810)

Thanks for your response, themib! Yep, i'm going through verizon, and yeah, it lets me add an email, answer calls, respond to texts and simple things when people interact with me, however I can't use any applications on my own and still redirects to the "Setup Accounts" screen whenever I try to go to the home screen. (I haven't even seen the home screen yet!) I'm going to attempt to reflash the firmware, I will do some research on google for 621 sbf and rsd lite, I appreciate the link you provided but I wasn't really having good luck finding 621 sbf and rsd lite within the link lol. Aaaaand, I have a Mac computer and a lot of things don't like to work for Macs.

Yep Thom, it's a Droid X and not a Moto X, the link you gave confirms that - thanks

Upvote 0
Ok so I have ezSBF 621 working on my computer, and everything goes smoothly until after the point where I put my phone into Bootloader mode... it says in ezSBF 621 "Waiting for phone:", but nothing at all happens with either the phone or ezSBF 621, even after waiting quite awhile :/ any tips on this guys?? Am I suppose to leave it for a long time?

Also, DougieFresh4U, I just attempted that now but no luck :/

Upvote 0
Just ordered a Droid X from amazon a few days ago, because my iphone broke. I can't seem to get past the "Setup Accounts" page (with options to add your email, flickr, facebook, etc) in the initial activation. I tried a lot of different things, like doing hard resets, attempting to crash the activation app, pressing all the buttons repetitiously, and whatever I can to somehow bypass the "Setup Accounts" screen, but I can't seem to get pass it.

Anybody have any suggestions on anything I can do??

If you havent solved this problem yet hit me up, I had the same issue and found the solution on you tube

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones