• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Original HTC Sense 'Froyo' Rom

I totally agree with you Shauny. All I'm thinking is when I bought my desire it was running eclair which I upgraded to froyo. I rooted but had to send it back for a warranty repair, so I ran the gingerbread RUU. When it was returned to me with a new mainboard it was back to froyo. So it depends whether you want HTC stock or 'out of the box' stock. To be fair Dibs didn't specify.

Reactions: shauny13
Upvote 0
Either way, thing to check is that (a) the network branding (if any) corresponds to the original phone, and (b) it either says "Froyo" or the radio has "_5." in the string - anything "_4" is Eclair, and it would be perverse to install that!

Also, check it says "RUU" at the start of the name, not "OTA".

But as to which, actually why not the 2.3 upgrade? If it's so the friend can get used to Android before buying their own, they certainly aren't going to be buying Froyo. Of course using any sort of stock is also getting them used to HTC Sense as well as Android.

Reactions: shauny13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones