• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Original Stock ROM needed. Please help.

Karl75

Feb 26, 2017
Hey guys.
I have a HTC ONE X from way back. And I was trying to flash it to a new ROM. Anyway long story short, I didn't like the outcome. BUT I didn't back up the original ROM. So I'd really like to put it back to it's original factory state as when I first got the phone.

Does anyone have a ROM I can use please?

Please help me.

I've relocked the bootloader. But it still fails. Something about wrong version or something.
Now I can't get out of the bootloader. Automaticaly loads into it when I switch the phone on or charge it.

These are the ones I've tried. RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_Orange_UK_1.28.061.9_Radio_1.1204.103.14_release_256475_signed.exe And RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.29.401.12_Radio_2.1204.127.19_release_271851_signed.exe

And this one. RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_Orange_UK_1.29.061.11_Radio_1.1204.105.14_release_260736_signed.exe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The wrong version thing means it won't install because it's either not an upgrade or doesn't match your existing software version.

I can't find any more recent RUU's than the ones you've listed above, sorry.

If you're looking for something close to stock, your best bet would be to unlock the bootloader again and flash this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1562603

It's the ROM I used most of the time I had my One X.

In the absence of a backup or an RUU, it's your only option I'm afraid. :(

Upvote 0
It's stuck on this screen.
ogy7b.jpg

Upvote 0
You're stuck on that screen because the bootloader has been locked and there's a non stock based ROM on there. It's a security thing and isn't really anything to be worried about. If you charge the phone for a bit, then unlock your bootloader again, it should boot back in to the OS.

Do you still have your original unlock.bin file you received from HTC?

Once re-unlocked, boot back to that screen by powering on and holding Vol-, then select recovery and see if it takes you back in to clockwork or TWRP.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones