OTA and Themes

Last Updated:

1. Eryl Flynn

Eryl Flynn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With the new update coming, was wondering if I will need to remove the theme and dedex before taking the update.

Advertisement
  2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

yes im pretty sure and if im wrong someone please correct me but i believe you would have to go back to stock unrooted to get an ota

3. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

You'll need same version as OTA, so 2.3.15, and odexed (not deodexed).

Rooted didn't make a difference with the last update, but mine still said it was rooted, but didn't work.

I just got done dusting off/updating my original OTA (rooted) in preparation for the big update. I don't trust the sbf's... someone's always complaining about some strange problem. If I have to sbf, I immediately restore a backup after.

After the update, I'll have to manually deodex I suppose. Time to check it out I guess. Last time I used the easy 928 theme to deodex.

4. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to unroot, it wasn't necessary for the last update but that could change.

5. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I remember people saying That the last OTA people didn't have to re-odex, but the update did re-odex their phones and they had to redo the deodex process. However I'm not positive as I didn't deodex until the day after I got the last update.