• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just received my OTG in the post, very excited to try it out and .. well .. nothing! Tried my mouse, nothing. Tried my ps3 controller (really wanted this one to work), nothing.

I'm not routed (not sure if that's required). And bordering on ******** in such matter's so small word's would be appreciated, but of course any words of advice is we'll received.

You don't have tro be rooted, you need to have a phone that does OTG. The newer ones do. Try a program like OTG Checker to make sure that yours does. Plugging in a USB mouse should let you run the mouse cursor all over the phone's screen. (Right-click usually works like the Back button, though.)

It's a Samsung tab 2 10.1. Tried the otg checker and it shows its otg capable. But still no success.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones