• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Otterbox Defender Case Shipping Problems

Just bought the Defender from Otterbox on Saturday. When I go online I see my "Order Status" says, SHIPPED. Yay! But wait, when I go to "Order Detail", it says NOT SHIPPED! Huh? How can it be SHIPPED and NOT SHIPPED at the same time?

I hope their cases are better than their website. Here it is 4 days after I made my purchase and I cannot tell if my product has shipped or not. :mad:

P.S., I said before "Have so much going on in your life that you pretty much forget you even ordered something until it shows up and you are like, "oh yeah, cool"." which was kind of a snark - still, I hate bad customer service as a matter of principal.

Upvote 0
I ordered the morning of the 10th and mines still being processed even though the rep told me it'd been forwarded to the warehouse for shipping yesterday. I'd cancel but they'd probably screw that up too.

On the other hand Seido's rep personally expedited my request for a replacement exoskeleton for my Rugged after requesting an RMA & talking to them about it yesterday afternoon. It shipped today.

Upvote 0
Got it today… with NO warning that it was coming.
First impression, it falls WAY SHORT of compensating for OB’s F_ CKED UP shipping dept. Unless this thing proves to be far more than I ever expected I’ll NEVER buy another product from these morons again! EVER!
OK… enough venting.
This thing is HUGE. This is a “plus” too me but I’m sure a lot of people will hate it for the size.
The fit is a 9.5/10 Fits pretty well but not “perfect”.
The screen protector seems to work well but is a little foggy compared to others. As of now, this is not an issue but we’ll see how it holds up.
The kickstand… OK, I see what they had in mind. They likely toiled (apparently for 6 months) over how they could build a case that doesn’t render the kickstand useless.
The solution they came up with is that it has it’s own kickstand. A very flimsy feeling, begging to be snapped off thin plastic built-in kickstand.
Really Otterbox? $50.00 & this is the best you can do?
The buttons work VERY well. They nailed that one for sure!
I really like the soft rubber snap fit jack covers but as with my Blackberry OB case, they are clearly destined to tear eventually.
At this point I can’t recommend this to anyone. Not for $50.00 and “you’ll get it when we feel like sending it”. Keep replacing your broken Seidios for now. At $50.00 for the OB, the Seidios are 2 for 1.

Upvote 0
Just got an update on USPS! Its about 3hrs north off me right now so im sure I'll have it by tomorrow.

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, November 16, 2010, 9:38 pm, TAMPA, FL 33605
bullet_circle.gif
Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 14, 2010

Upvote 0
Fourgee, I gotta disagree with you.

I received my case in 3 business days. I have ordered from Otterbox before and had no shipping problems, so I don't see how their shipping department is "fubared". A little dramatic I'd say.

How is the fit not perfect? Mine does not rattle around, everything is lined up perfectly. What did you expect, it to adhere and mold to the phone?

I am using an adhesive screen protector as well as the plastic protector that comes on the defender. It works perfectly, I have no problem touching any buttons, and my screen looks the same as it was before using the defender.

The kickstand is a little on the thin side, but it is not "begging to be snapped off". Compared to using the kickstand with the commuter case, the kickstand on the defender is much improved. I can set my evo on a desk and use it with one finger. Unless you are trying to snap it off, it's not going to snap off.

I would agree on the rubber jack covers.

All in all, I would say you are a little dramatic and overly critical. I am curious to know what you would have expected for $50. (By the way, you could have gotten it for $40, like a lot of us.) I would recommend this case or the commuter series to anyone owning an Evo depending on the amount of protection they desire.

Upvote 0
The number one reason I bought the defender is the built in screen protector. I wear jeans a lot and don't tend to wear a belt, so I put the phone in my pocket a lot. The adhesive screen protectors were constantly getting scuffed up and expensive (as well as a hassle) to replace. Also, I am hoping the built in screen doesn't show oil from fingers as much as temp covers do.

Upvote 0
To the reviewer who said they wouldn't recommend this to anyone - you give it a 9.5/10 on fit and say the buttons are awesome then you conclude by saying it sucks? Dude that's called a non sequitur. And can people please stop complaining about the cost of their phones. This hardware costs pennies a day to own over its lifetime. My first cell phone cost $1200 and all it did was make calls! My EVO is the least expensive piece of tech I own. What is $50 over the 2 year life of the phone?

Upvote 0
I think alot of the frustration several of us are feeling is that we ordered the case minutes after receiving the email and they took way too long to ship. I got the email on 11/10 at 6:30am and I ordered it at 7:30am. They shipped it fedex on 11/15 and it's due to be delivered on 11/19. All along the order status showed incorrect order dates, amounts as well as vague shipping data. For those of us who had been patiently waiting for 5 months that's unacceptable.

Upvote 0
I ordered a pair of the defenders on the 10th. Called to check on them on the 16th and they said they would retake the order and ship overnight. Today (the 17th) called to confirm that they were shipped and they had no record of the new order, just the original which still has not been shipped.
Again, I was told that they would retake the order and ship overnight but they couldn't guarantee it would go out today. I'm to the point that if it doesn't come tomorrow, I will cancel my order and never deal with them again!

Upvote 0
The number one reason I bought the defender is the built in screen protector. I wear jeans a lot and don't tend to wear a belt, so I put the phone in my pocket a lot. The adhesive screen protectors were constantly getting scuffed up and expensive (as well as a hassle) to replace. Also, I am hoping the built in screen doesn't show oil from fingers as much as temp covers do.

I hope the built in screen protector holds up to your abuse. It's probably not as easy to replace as the disposable one's you've worn out.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine about 2 hours after I got the email, and after waiting a week for it to be shipped and nothing, I called to check, and they said that it hadn't but they would have it expedited. I just told them to cancel the order, give me a refund and forget it. If they are going to have this kind of customer service, I don't want to do business with this company.

Upvote 0
This is really weird how some have recieved there case in a short time while others haven't recieved it at all. Has anyone found out if it's due to the type of shipping you select or anything that can delay the process? This is really unacceptable and unfair to those that have patiently waited to order this case.

In my case having it shipped fedex delayed the process quite a bit. From what I can tell, even though I ordered at 7:30am on 11/10, the order wasn't prepared to ship until Saturday 11/13. Had I chosen USPS it would have been shipped that same Saturday since USPS works Saturdays but since I chose fedex it had to wait until Monday to be picked up thus delaying the expected delivery until Friday 11/19. Had I chosen USPS I probably would have had it by now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones