• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I purchased a Galaxy Tab2 yesterday at Costco. ($219.00) Anyway, I have been trying for some time to pair my Samsung Cell Phone with my Tab2.

I would like to be able to text from my tablet instead of my phone.

They both ask for a "pin" number but neither give me one to provide to the other. (BTW Roku does not give a pin number either.)

I know I must be missing something simple but don't know what.

Anyone have a hint?

Thanks,

Jim

I purchased a Galaxy Tab2 yesterday at Costco. ($219.00) Anyway, I have been trying for some time to pair my Samsung Cell Phone with my Tab2.

I would like to be able to text from my tablet instead of my phone.

They both ask for a "pin" number but neither give me one to provide to the other. (BTW Roku does not give a pin number either.)

I know I must be missing something simple but don't know what.

Anyone have a hint?

Thanks,

Jim

I am just thinking it can't be done.:rolleyes: You did get a good price on the Tab2

Reactions: jpaskell
Upvote 0
The instructions state that this should be possible. I did try the 0000 and 1234 and other variations of possible combinations and it tired me out.

It may not be possible but I paired the same phone in my car and it works fine. The phone gives me a space to input the pin number but no number from the tablet.

I do appreciate the responses. If I can get it done that would be great, but if not, I'll have to deal with it.

Thanks again,

Jim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones