• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pandora and Navigate

lexluthor

Android Expert
May 15, 2010
So I noticed today that if you are using Navigate and Pandora that Pandora pauses and doesn't automatically restart whenever Navigate "talks".

Wow, that's a big bug.

Is that a froyo 2.2 thing or has that always been the way it works?

Last.fm starts right up again after the Navigate is done talking.

Has Pandora say anything about this bug? Any workarounds?

Here was Pandora's response to me email to support. Not very encouraging. How'd last.fm get it to work then?

--
Sorry about that. We're aware of the issue where GPS and other notifications now leave the app paused in Froyo--as it turns out, this is happening in other sound-producing apps as well, including the native HTC media player, so it seems like a problem with the new Android OS. You may wish to contact them; I'm sure they're working diligently on a solution. Thanks so much for your patience in the meantime!

Upvote 0
Here was Pandora's response to me email to support. Not very encouraging. How'd last.fm get it to work then?

--
Sorry about that. We're aware of the issue where GPS and other notifications now leave the app paused in Froyo--as it turns out, this is happening in other sound-producing apps as well, including the native HTC media player, so it seems like a problem with the new Android OS. You may wish to contact them; I'm sure they're working diligently on a solution. Thanks so much for your patience in the meantime!

Yeah that's BS response. I use navigation with the native HTC media player all the time and my music doesn't stay paused. I also use Google Listen and navigation without any trouble.

That's on 2.2 on an Evo.

At least they're aware of the issue and working on it though.

Upvote 0
That's why I gave up -- for every 2.2 issue, Pandora has sat on their hands and blamed Android. Well, that's not gonna fly -- they need to be proactive for their users and fix them problem because this is a huge issue for their users but a backburnered problem for Google and HTC. But they seem to be content with just waiting.

Well, I'm not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones