• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Parse Error Help?

TealCubes

Oct 31, 2012
"Parse Error
There is a problem parsing the package"

This seems to be a semi common error, however I have not been able to find a fix.

My phone is the original Motorola Droid, Android ver. 2.2.3 (not rooted) (should I root it?)

I am trying to download Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.4.0 .apk (from 4shared)

It downloads just fine, however I get that error trying to install.

I already did the thing where it allows you to install from sources outside of Google Play.

I then downloaded 'AndExplorer' to find the file, that did not work.
Then I downloaded 'FileDroid Lite' and it did not work either.

Then I re-downloaded the file and it did not work, then I downloaded version 0.3.0 and it did not work.

I then tried using the 'APKinstall' and it did not work.

What else is there to do?!

Thank you in advance

Hunter

EDIT: I downloaded it direct to my computer and dragged it to my phone. Still does not work.

EDIT: Downloaded Astro File Manager from play, and when I go to the file and select 'open app manager' under summary it has no information. It just says
"Name
Label
File Version
(and so on)"

When I hit "Details" it says "Could not open /mnt/sdcard/Minecraft pocket edition 0.4.0 .apk as APK file"

EDIT: In Astro, if I click 'Browse File' it shows all the stuff in there, and I can see the pictures and things.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones