• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Parse Error when trying to install .apk files

pipo

Dec 29, 2010
Hi,

alright so i just got an HTC desire Z running android 2.2 and am attempting to install .apk files with no success,

I tried to download two .apk files on my phone with the default browser and with dolphin browser and both times when i click the file or try to install it with an installer program i get the error message "Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package". I have tried to redownload the files many times.

searching online i found one response where someone posted that the files weren't fully downloaded, and to download astro and to "enable browser downloads" which i did and still no luck. I did notice however that the .apk files kept being completed at around 100 kb which id think means they probably arent fully downloaded cause theyre around 10 mb each :s

I also noticed that when i look at the bar near the top of my phone where notifications are i can see my recently used apps and "Package Installer" appears, and when i click this i receive the same message. unknown sources is checked.

I'd appreciate any help as Im going nuts right now, Thanks!

also i dont think theyre will be much traffic coming to the desire z board can i post this in any other board because the problem i think is with the software, thanks

i think i figured it out, my carrier (Bell Canada) i think is not letting me download from sites like megaupload, rapidshare etc. on the 3g network because it does work when I download on my pc and transfer the app to my sd card, a random forum post I found said that im not certain if its true, Im just happy it worked when I transferred from my pc, Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones