• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Partial Unrevoked Success?

sullydavid

Lurker
Nov 2, 2010
I just received a new EVO today after having a rooted Hero for about a year. After reading up it appears that Unrevoked is the go to method for rooting the Evo. I attempted and it appears to go part way through, but does not complete. I have tried on two computers (WinXP and Win7) and am getting the same results.

1. Initial connection and push of recovery image goes fine.
2. Device reboots to Hboot mode and all still seems well.
3. Device reboots into normal mode
4. Message from Unrevoked indicating this is a Triumph.

However, it appears to have some issues from here on.

Unrevoked then reboots the phone and appears to expect it to come back in Hboot mode, but the phone does a normal boot. Unrevoked just hangs there waiting for HBOOTUSB.

I manually reboot into Hboot. Unrevoked says running pre-boot sequence again and reboots the phone. Unrevoked then returns the following error:
Internal error: couldn't find misc.

Unable to progress any further.

Hboot drivers were installed and seem to be working.

On one computer HTC Sync had been installed and uninstalled, on the other HTC Sync was never installed.

Android version

Baseband version

Kernel version
2.6.32.15-g0f673ed
htc-kernel@u18000-Build-149 #10

Build number
3.30.651.2 CL271968 release-keys

Software number

PRI Version
1.77_003

PRL Version

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be going wrong?

Edit:
Looks like this may be due to a new Hboot:
HBOOT-2.02.0000

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=823340

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones