• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PC Companion not loading correctly.

PeOiler

Lurker
Nov 21, 2010
So, I've finally encountered a problem that browsing the forums hasn't{yet} provided an answer to.

I plug my phone in(to pc) and I am prompted to update Pc Companion to v2.0. No big deal, even I've updated something before. After an update/restart though, the 4 options you can select (sync, mediago, support, and file manager I think) are gone.

Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, and done just about everything I can with my limited tech knowledge.

I'm hoping someone will see this and think "Lol, this nitwit didn't click the ??? in the ???, no wonder his shts gone bananas!"

Thanks in advance for any help.

x10a in Canada if that may matter...

So, I've finally encountered a problem that browsing the forums hasn't{yet} provided an answer to.

I plug my phone in(to pc) and I am prompted to update Pc Companion to v2.0. No big deal, even I've updated something before. After an update/restart though, the 4 options you can select (sync, mediago, support, and file manager I think) are gone.

Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, and done just about everything I can with my limited tech knowledge.

I'm hoping someone will see this and think "Lol, this nitwit didn't click the ??? in the ???, no wonder his shts gone bananas!"

Thanks in advance for any help.

x10a in Canada if that may matter...

Go to the website and download it. Using the phone provided software never allowed me to update.

I had to download the Sony Ericsson Update Service.

Sony Ericsson | New software updates. Do more miss less! |

Download and install it...(with phone unplugged)
After installing and during the upgrade it will prompt you to plug in your phone using specific steps (holding back button while plugging it in or something like that)

So using the companion was useless to me....even trying to use the update feature in the companion...download the update service on your computer.

If you are using Windows 7 Right Click on the Update Service program that it added to your list of programs (or on the desktop) and when you Right Click chose to Run As Administrator. Then it will go through all the update steps.

Hope it works for you.

Upvote 0
Go to the website and download it. Using the phone provided software never allowed me to update.

I had to download the Sony Ericsson Update Service.

Sony Ericsson | New software updates. Do more miss less! |

Download and install it...(with phone unplugged)
After installing and during the upgrade it will prompt you to plug in your phone using specific steps (holding back button while plugging it in or something like that)

So using the companion was useless to me....even trying to use the update feature in the companion...download the update service on your computer.

If you are using Windows 7 Right Click on the Update Service program that it added to your list of programs (or on the desktop) and when you Right Click chose to Run As Administrator. Then it will go through all the update steps.

Hope it works for you.
+1 pc companion sucks go with SEUS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones