1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

PC to EVO control without rooting.Tips

1. Boilerbuzz

Boilerbuzz Member

Hey again guys. I have another question. Is there a way to control my EVO through my PC without rooting the phone? I did a search and can't find anything not involving rooting. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Control it how?

You mean you want a representation of your evo on the PC screen and you can click around and text and use apps, or you want to connect to it to do other things (like ADB).

Edit-I won't be as helpful as I thought. Screen cast (my first thought) is view only without rooting.
  3. Boilerbuzz

Boilerbuzz Member

I mean using my keyboard and mouse to navigate and type into the phone.
  4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

hrmmm...I have seen something out there in the market but it may take me a while to find it again ....

basically remote access of the phone via a pc
  5. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

If you mean basically running VNC server or something like that to remotely view and interact with your phone, you need root, as far as I know. Examples:

droid VNC server - Android app on AppBrain
    Webkey (ROOT REQUIRED) - Android app on AppBrain

You do have some other pretty powerful options, though. Take a look at these:

PAW Server for Android - Android app on AppBrain
    Andro Remote Desktop - Android app on AppBrain

It's basically a web server running on your phone that allows you to control various aspects of your phone from a web browser on your PC. You just can't actually see what's on the screen, but you don't need root. Can I ask what exactly you need this for? It might help in finding some other solutions.
  6. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Dude I'm rockin Droid VNC Server right now! Dude this is awesome!
  7. huisinro

huisinro New Member