• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PC Virus coming from my Note II

Wraithdude

Lurker
Feb 11, 2013
Hi there,

I've enjoyed the forum for quite a while, but never had any reason to post and had less knowledge than most so have never had the chance to help. But here I am today asking for it. Here's my problem:

Sometime recently, I somehow downloaded a virus onto my Note II. However, it isn't an virus that seems to affect androids so my antivirus app (avast!) isn't catching it. However, every time I sync to my computer, the desktop's antivirus does catch it as it comes in and neutralizes it, but it forces me to restart my computer. Annoying.

My computer's antivirus can't scan my phone and my phone's antivirus doesn't see the virus. I can't find it doing a manual scan. I'm trying to avoid blitzing my phone if I can.

Any suggestions?

When I get spam emails, there are often their .zip attachment in my Download folder on the SD card.
These attachments contain trojans and viruses, they do not harm my Android phone but they would harm my PC if I'd transfer and open them on the PC.
And the virus program on my PC would give me an alarm.

So, you might look for .zip files in your Download folder too ...

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones