• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PDU File Opener for Windows 8 or Samsung Galaxy S4

Hi rayjr365, and welcome to Android Forums :)

I've moved your thread into the Android Applications subforum, where it should get a bit more traffic. :thumbup:

You should be able to open a PDU file with any text editor - particularly one that doesn't check the file extension first. Otherwise, renaming the extension to ".txt" should get it to work with ANY editor.

On Android, my editor-of-choice is Jota+, which is lightweight and robust. If your text editor-of-choice doesn't let you open files which aren't obviously text files, you can also use a file explorer with a "Open As.." option. The one I use is ES File Explorer. I can use that to select "Open As Text" for a file, and it then lets me pick what text viewer or editor to use.

Hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0
Will this also work with a note 20 ultra?
I've have used WinZip and Notepad++ and I was able to open the SMS but I can't read it, even after changing the language it will has boxes and codes that I can't read.
I'm trying to open PDU files that are on my desktop computer and then I'll email them to my phone.

I've been working on this for 3 days now and I really need help opening these and and MMS files.

I prefer to use my note 29 ultras but if I need to use my PC or iPad, I have those available also.

Please help, anyone.

Thank You in Advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones