• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Peach heart with ecg lines app

radiodead

Lurker
Jun 13, 2022
Hi guys! Does anybody have an idea what these apps in the status bar are? The peach heart with ecg lines inside and that other peach icon with 2 white puzzle-looking thing inside? Would appreciate the help. Thanks!

Attachments

• 8DC52ABA-4F26-4986-803B-A6A2E33E4ECD.jpeg
    8DC52ABA-4F26-4986-803B-A6A2E33E4ECD.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 132
To avoid so many of these 'what are these notifications' posts, why not swipe down from the top and see the notification and then tap and hold onto it, select 'app info' or 'settings' and you'll easily find the app causing this.

From what I can gather, this is probably more Cheetah Mobile spam notifications from some sketchy 'battery saver' or 'RAM cleaner' app. Somehow I thought that mess would've died off by now.

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
To avoid so many of these 'what are these notifications' posts, why not swipe down from the top and see the notification and then tap and hold onto it, select 'app info' or 'settings' and you'll easily find the app causing this.

From what I can gather, this is probably more Cheetah Mobile spam notifications from some sketchy 'battery saver' or 'RAM cleaner' app. Somehow I thought that mess would've died off by now.
the problem is that 99% of these posts, the phone in question usually does not belong to the member.

@radiodead the problem is that there are thousands if not millions of apps that use a heart icon. the easiest way is to just look in the phone's notifications to know what it is. i would say that 9 times out of 10, the app in question is not a dating app like so many that come here think it is. most heart icons are used for health reasons.

but to truly know, just ask the person who owns the phone what it is.

there is just way to many of these icons for anybody here to truly recognize it at first glance. though you might get lucky and someone here might know what it is, but most of the time these threads go unanswered.

anyways i wish you luck in finding out. if you do, maybe post what it is here in case someone here is looking for the same answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
The heart with pulse icon is also known to many apps. Device Pulse (Tracfone), Samsung Health Monitor or certain versions of Samsung Health for those with an ECG capable Galaxy Watch, or even a Digital Wellbeing feature. Heck, they make apps for Pacemakers these days (the thought of an app-controlled pacemaker however makes me cringe.)

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The only icon that has 'puzzle pieces' inside I'm aware of is the icon for Samsung Configuration Update, which does background tasks and occasionally shows a notification icon that quickly goes away if you don't catch it. It has four 'puzzle pieces' inside it though.

If I take an ECG with a Galaxy Watch 4, the phone will show a heart symbol very close to the OP's indicating an ECG record has been saved to Samsung Health, where you can tap it to view the results.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones