• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People about to do update

My prompt is creating the text files I want but I cant seem to get it past the " - Waiting for device - " notification in the prompt, and there is never any information in the text file. Has anyone identified the missing link to this process?

kill the process and see if it actually wrote something on the txt file.
My desktop does that but it actually works, the txt file gets written with all the info.

I haven't been able to see what's up, but as long as its writing something in the txt file i don't see the big deal of trying to fix it right now.
....still nothing...that is surprising.

EDIT: people on XDA said that having HTC sync installed seems to fix the waiting for device issue, I'll try it and get back to you guys

Upvote 0
My prompt is creating the text files I want but I cant seem to get it past the " - Waiting for device - " notification in the prompt, and there is never any information in the text file. Has anyone identified the missing link to this process?

As T2 stated, I was getting the "- waiting for device -" before, too. But after I installed the HTC Sync, that disappeared when running a logcat. And a .txt file was created after ending the logcat by pressing ctrl+C.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones