1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

People app and how to use itSupport

1. andy78

andy78 New Member

Hi, I have just got a brand new phone, HTC one S, with a brand new android, 4.0.3.
    I'm havng difficulties with the people app. When I press the phone tab it brings up heaps of people i dont want in there. I think they are facebook contacts that have their phone number listed on facebook. I can't seem to be able to trim it down to the people I want.
    Can anyone help ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm going to move this to the HTC One S area for you. More people will probably be able to help you there and you can also ask for further assistance there :D.
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

The phone tap is the dialer app and this app can't filtered.
    But you could use the People app which can filtered. In the Peoples's top menu do check which contacts you want in Peoples be shown.

Harry
  4. andy78

andy78 New Member

Thanks Harry. Seems a bit ridiculous that I can't alter the dialer app. I will just change the people tab to show phone contacts then.
    When adding contacts, whats the difference between a google contact and a phone or sim contact ?
  5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

New contacts from phone calls will be added to the phone contacts.
    New Gmail contacts and new contacts from "social" apps like FaceBook will be added to Googles contacts.
    For new contacts which you manually add you can choose which contacts you want to use.

And you can edit all contacts and you can copy between these contacts.

So much options :)

Harry
  6. Jonnytaxi

Jonnytaxi Member

If its facebook contacts appearing you need to change the sync settings in the Facebook app.
    Facebook>Menu Bar>Settings>Sync Contacts and check Dont Sync.