• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People cant hear me until two seconds later

Kharl

Feb 22, 2013
Hi guys!

I have two sound/call relates question with my android phone

1st, people tell me that after i have this phone (nec terrain) my voice sounds enclosed, like a lack of treble, like if it i where talking from a cardboard box.
I called myself to another phone and for me sounds ok, but there are many that says the same about the lack of treble.

2nd, people can hear the first two seconds after connected, i got used to so after i answer a call, i just wait two or three seconds then i start to talk... I did the test and i called myself again... And it is true, no around comes from my call until two seconds later, it is not a delay, it's just like if my phone was doing a process that doesn't let to send my voice until two seconds later

Your second problem could be software. I've met that once with a different phone when using early unofficial builds of a new Android version. Of course the manufacturer's own software should not do that, as they aren't porting and patching.

First could be a lot of things. If it's intermittent, check the signal level when someone says it sounds bad.

Upvote 0
Your second problem could be software. I've met that once with a different phone when using early unofficial builds of a new Android version. Of course the manufacturer's own software should not do that, as they aren't porting and patching.

First could be a lot of things. If it's intermittent, check the signal level when someone says it sounds bad.

Hi Hadron, thank your for answer
That's what suspected (regarding my 2nd problem)... My phone is factory, no mod done at all, just a call recorder that caused an echo (people at the other side of the call told me), i uninstalled the app and problem solved, buts still the two second problem... I dont know what to do

Regarding the first problem.. The signal is usually good,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones