• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People stealing your paid apps?

I just dont understand that you cant have credit cards cant buy off google play. job problems in china but you have a smart phone. mind blowing to me.
cant afford food some days, cant afford internet.. but you have a smartphone.

Have i ever pirated.. yep... but.... I used to be a very heavy pc gamer. group of guys would play everynight for 4-6 hours... we bought so many games and didnt have a problem with it.. but we did have a problem with spending 40-50 bucks for a game that sucked bad.. was incomplete.. had major problems. etc..etc.
so what we did was download the pirated game... play for a night or 2.. if we found it to be decent and not a total freakin joke we would then go out and buy it.
if there was a demo of the game we would look and get that first though.
am i considered a criminal for doing this.. imo no.
i don't listen to music so no need to get that.
most apps have a free version.. if its good enough and i like it i will get the paid version and enjoy the heck out of it.

Upvote 0
I must say the virus idea is pretty funny :D

The people from china i understand if they cant get on google play I accept they download paid apps for free, for developers where not losing out or gaining because they where never going to buy it as they cant (blame Chinese government).

I personally think the people who steal the app and upload them online are the worst.
And the worst thing is there is 1 person who has canceled there payment, and as far as i know this is how they steal it. Pay for it, steal it, cancel payment. Looking at his account it is 7 days old (new on the day of purchase). And has used an email address that is clearly fake.

Reactions: OfTheDamned
Upvote 0
I just dont understand that you cant have credit cards cant buy off google play. job problems in china but you have a smart phone. mind blowing to me.
cant afford food some days, cant afford internet.. but you have a smartphone.

A few points I'd like to make here:

1) Android smart phones can be quite cheap now. In fact they're becoming the norm here in China. Dumb phones are going away very rapidly.
2) In developing countries western credit cards can be rather hard to get. One has to be fairly affluent to have a western Visa or Mastercard.
3) Google Play often doesn't operate a full service in developing countries, in many it's not available at all. Free apps only in China.
4) Pre-paid wireless internet can be cheap, certainly compared to what they seem to be paying in the USA for wireless data.
5) Many people in developing countries don't own a computer. They often use internet bars. Cheap Android smart phones and tablets with pre-paid wireless internet, offers them another way of getting on the internet. So they don't have to use internet bars, which TBH can be rather disgusting places.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones