• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [PhilZ] [MS323, D320N, D325] PhilZ Recovery v6.57.9

aha! and here I thought that was some kind of insult encoded in forum-ese. let me see if I got this one...

$su
#bump
/system/bin/sh: bump: not found

I can't remember is a screenshot in recovery the same keypress or is it some other method? I have one but I don't remember if I ment to take it or not. I'm really happy with my phillz theme...kinda wanna show it off..

Upvote 0
I have a small problem...

After I bought my phone, I rooted it, and then UnLocked the Bootloader and installed CWM. Then, I installed some Custom ROMs, and then I installed a .zip with the original firmware (for D320n). That zip removed my CWM, I think, because when I type 'adb reboot recovery', it just do a normal reboot...

I still have the BootLoader UnLocked, but I don't have this software rooted..
I putted the recovery.img of PhillZ in my ADB Folder, entered the FastBoot on my phone, and typed: 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'.

After the process was done, I typed 'fastboot reboot' and after the phone started, I typed in ADB 'adb reboot recovery', but it just did a normal reboot...

What can I do to Install/Access Recovery ? :(
Thank you!

Upvote 0
I have a small problem...

After I bought my phone, I rooted it, and then UnLocked the Bootloader and installed CWM. Then, I installed some Custom ROMs, and then I installed a .zip with the original firmware (for D320n). That zip removed my CWM, I think, because when I type 'adb reboot recovery', it just do a normal reboot...

I still have the BootLoader UnLocked, but I don't have this software rooted..
I putted the recovery.img of PhillZ in my ADB Folder, entered the FastBoot on my phone, and typed: 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'.

After the process was done, I typed 'fastboot reboot' and after the phone started, I typed in ADB 'adb reboot recovery', but it just did a normal reboot...

What can I do to Install/Access Recovery ? :(
Thank you!
did you putted your phone in fastboot when u did fastboot flash recovery recovery.img?

Reactions: The Seby
Upvote 0
Ah, I saw on the Phone this after typing again 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img':

getvar: partition-type:recovery
getvar:max-download-size
download:01600000
flash:recovery

The console: http://s1.postimg.org/5z8x3s1a7/screenshot_185.png
Because I installed the original Firmware using CWM, I losed the Recovery and the BootLoader was Locked, but I still don't have Download Mode... I have FastBoot o_O

After 'flash:recovery', nothing happened... Looks like the BootLoader is Locked...

Upvote 0
Ah, I saw on the Phone this after typing again 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'

getvar: partition-type:recovery
getvar:max-download-size
download:01600000
flash:recovery

The console: http://s1.postimg.org/5z8x3s1a7/screenshot_185.png
Because I installed the original Firmware using CWM, I losed the Recovery and the BootLoader was Locked, but I still don't have Download Mode... I have FastBoot o_O
did you unlocked bootloader?

Upvote 0
http://s1.postimg.org/ra6h81jen/screenshot_186.png

Now it's unlocked, but after I execute 'adb reboot recovery', it still just do a normal reboot...
Try reflashing your recovery from a terminal inside your phone. Put your recovery img in /sdcard first.

su

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

If you substitute of=////" laf " for of=////recovery you can boot directly into recovery instead of fastboot.

Upvote 0
When i finish the flash and go into the phone and into the awesome app and press reboot recovery thing i get a purple screen, so instead i was told to try and use the other command and if i got that right he/she i dont know meant the "dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery" code and all the stuff before so i tried that but when i enter the code i just posted it just tells me "canno open for read: No such file or directory ". Im really confused if im doing it right, since you cant open a command window on my sd card i just went into my adb folder and did it. Not sure at all what im doing tbh so if someone could guide me i would be really grateful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones